Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
This is the second 1800 I've had that's been at least partly butchered by previous owners. Why these idiots think they're capable of working on anything mechanical is beyond me.

Some dealers are not much better Paul. A GWOCGB friend of mine and owner of a 2007 model had 5th gear fail. He paid over £3,000 to a well known main dealer here in the UK to have it fixed. When he got the bike back, there were lots of electrical things not working, connectors unplugged etc. The worst thing was the starter motor was sluggish, and the dealer told him it would bed in after a few miles. The exhaust was a bit smoky also, burning some oil.

The really bad news was that the dealers mechanic had broken a piston ring when putting the engine back together. The broken ring was causing the piston to jam and make the starter turn over slowly. The broken ring also severely damaged the cylinder wall beyond repair, ie the engine was scrap.

The good news is that the dealer made good on this by fitting a brand new engine at his own cost. But it goes to show how not only previous owners can bodge a bike. Bodgers also work for some main dealers. :sadguy:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.