Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I had some work done on my 2005 1800. I purchased new Shark helmets, had J & M headsets installed. Now I only get sound through the left side of the helmets. I plugged in my old helmets and got the same results. Both the front and rear speakers on the bike work just fine. Any advise on how to straighten out this problem?

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
imported post

I had a similar issue and one of the pins was not making good contact. I ended up buying a new cord. Maybe you can tinker with or clean those holes and pins?

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
imported post

I had the same problem and had to get new cables. If you had ordered them from J&M they will warranty them if not you will have to buy them

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

It can't be cables on both of the helmets, if I'm assuming correctly that be bought headsets for two helmets.

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

If you had work done that required removal of the tank shroud which includes unplugging the audio unit the connector into the audio unit that contains the headset wiring was probably not seated all the way. I find this quite frequently when the air filter is changed.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks, found the problem. Broken wire in the plug to the bike. New one ordered only $38.00. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.