Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2008 GW GL 1800/Hannigan trike. I'm having a part off the bike repainted due to damage. The part I need a pic of is located below the driver's right foot peg. The part is silver metallic in color, is long and runs from the edge near the fog light , back to the chrome heat shield. The piece has 3 chrome cupped areas that cover the exhaust pipes where they are attached to the motor. The part also has 3 pieces of rubber on it and that's what I need a pic of. I need to know where those 3 rubber pieces attach on that long silver shield of sorts. I would be most appreciative if someone out there could send me some pics of where those pieces should be located! THANK YOU in advance and I wish HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
As I remember there are 3 little bent pieces of metal that those attach to. One in the back, one just under or just behind the foot peg and one forward. It's obvious as all of the other pieces of bent metal have a nut welded to them. Sorry I don't have my GL here at the house and I'm not sure you can see them from the bottom. You have to remove that lower cowl to see them.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Reddy! I appreciate the pic but it's the other side I need.....a pic that shows the placement of the 3 rubber pieces. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info jdvorchak! I will keep what you said in mind once I get the part back. The mechanic pulled the rubber pieces off so fast that I didn't really get a good look at their placement. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
mel5, I think he is looking for a pic with that lower cowl removed so you can see the inside or back side.

Nollac have you tried the numerous parts fiche's published on the web? HDL parts has one, bikebandit etc.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
I found a parts fiche on HDL site. Now that I look at the diagram I can't tell where they go. There are some parts call "rubber" that attach to bent brackets on the exhaust pipe itself. I'm pretty sure that's what you're looking for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.