Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I seen a 2001 GL1800 in a post here for €20,000, this with 17000 miles. That's $24,750! If a used Goldwing is so expensive in Europe, how much is a new one over there?

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

BenMC wrote:
I seen a 2001 GL1800 in a post here for €20,000, this with 17000 miles. That's $24,750! If a used Goldwing is so expensive in Europe, how much is a new one over there?

28000euro if you can find one. :) :D ;)

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

28,000 Euros, thats $34,700. You could buy two new GL1800s with change for that money over here! You guys must really love your Wings to pay those prices. What do you mean "if you can find one?" Do they sell that well that you have to wait for one, even at that silly price?
Sorry if I sound astonished, actually that's exactly how I do feel.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Ben, it's the same with cars, much mre expensive here.We buy the Wings at those prices because we know no different and have no option. If you were buying them for $1000 it still wouldn't matter here, it's like you're from another planet!

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

:)Hi Ben

Some wingers here do buy them in the states,but by the time you add on the import duties into the EEC and put 21% tax plus a crazy registration fee you end up paying almost the same as buying from a shop here ....1800s are really only starting to take off here ,they were very slow to start because of the teething problems on the earlier models ,but now everybody seem s to want one ,,,cheers Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
BenMC wrote:

28000euro if you can find one. :) :D ;)
And one can spend another 10000euro at least for the bits and pieces. Now you can see how much we Irish love our wings. You yanks have the best of both worlds, good weather and cheap wings. Ride Safe and welcome to the board. :D

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

I wonder which country is the most expensive for an 1800? Was it Denmark or Belgium that has huge taxes on bikes?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

I think it was Denmark (not 100% sure though), much more expensive than anywhere else in Europe, gold medal for rip-off prices on bikes.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

Spoke to a customer in work yesterday who lived in Denmark for a year or two before returning home (jobs hard to get over there). A new 1800 costs around €43,000 ($52,000). Ouch!

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I think around £15000 in the UK (around €22500).

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

Hi Ben,

As a matter of interest, how much are they in the states. Go on make us all sick!.

Best wishes

george

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I seen an 03 for sale in Denmark for €63,000 (about $77,000) and an 03 in the states for $13,000. What a difference. :shock:

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Can't say about the 05s but the 04s are running about$26000.00 Canadian in the Toronto area Thats about $9 dollars American :eek:) ok maybe a little bit more.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

I was in Atlanta GA last week (vacation) and stopped at the Honda dealer in Lawrenceville.. He had a silver GL1800, brand new, 2004 for $17,800 US. Red and purple were $18,300, and pearl white was $20,750. All had the same options, just different colors.. Pearl paint is always more $. I honestly feel that these dealers charge what the market will bear, depending on their location. He also had a leftover 2003 blue GL1800 for $17,700 which I had my eye on. If people keep paying high prices for these magnificant machines, dealers will keep clawing at the moon. (How can you resist)???

I'm keeping my GL1200. ;)

All Gave Some,, Some Gave All

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
imported post

Hello,

List price for GL1800 '04 here in Finland is 34 900 €, can't beat the Denmark but quite top anyway.

-Rauno

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

GL 1800 Prices !

Stay where you are !:DDenmark is not for GW-Bikers :p

Check out the offer on the attached file ! Used GW1800 model 2003 New Price 490.000 + 35.000 chrome parts total 525.000kr/7,5=70.000 Euro ! God save the tax collector :goofygrin:

GW-Gretings

from Denmark
Jan

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

They go for about $31000 (CAN) out here on the west coast of Canada.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

I hope our government don't get wind of the prices in Denmark. If they get half an idea that we might tolerate it then we are going to be in trouble. They are always pushing and prodding us to see how far they can tie us up in knots as it is. Try these (I'm off on a rant now so don't get offended);

Can't smoke in pubs or probably in the street either if it carries on.

You're a dangerous driver if you go 1mph over the speed limit. 90% of the speed cameras seem to be in Dublin in the 30mphzones. I mean how much more carnage can you cause doing 33 in a 30 zone than a guy on a deserted (of police)country road doing 70 or more? Most of the countries cars are in Dublin yetmost of the people being killed in horrific accidents are dying in the country. I wonder why the insurance rates are so high in Dublin.

Can't go to a nite club because they will be forced to close at 1.30am (who would bother to leave a pub and go to a club for an hour?).

Tax on chewing gum, I wonder if we can legally throw it on the ground now without risking a litter fine, seeing as we have already paid the tax for cleaning it up? Tax on plastic bags, now the amount of paper bags being used is probably depleting the tree supply. We'll be paying tax on toilet paper next.

Bin charges, you think the current charges are bad, wait till 2005 when we will be paying by weight as well as the current charge, then wait and see how dear it gets when privatized. Water charges next.

All of a sudden Denmarks €70,000 Goldwings seem quite reasonable. What are jobs like for 48 year old tradesmen Jan?? :shock:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Heffo wrote:
Can't go to a nite club because they will be forced to close at 1.30am (who would bother to leave a pub and go to a club for an hour?).
Well the poor gardai need to make iteasier for themselves at night. I mean they will be able to stay in the station all night now instead of venturing out in all weather,if this 1.30 club closing time gets passed. And of course don't forget the gardai themselves are trying to introduce this (no-one else was bothered), so now they are no longer just enforcing the laws but are trying to make the laws as well as they think them up!
I don't remember voting for a garda at the last election, so how come they are doing the politicians jobs now? Just when you all though the power of the church was gone, it's just been replaced by a worse one!!:(

Any more room in Denmark for another IrishmanJan? Sounds great over there, in spite of theovertaxed cars and bikes.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Ahh Lads dont be like that. :action: Im not a drinking man but I see the pubs are bringing down the price of the pint by 50cent. :clapper: I have to agree with Heffo in most of his comments. :clapper:The speed limits are not been applied properly, :baffled: these little boy"road racers" :stumped: that can hardly see over the steering wheel flying past you at 50 and 60 M.P.H. in a 30mph zone is just criminal :gunhead: and most of them dont even have a driving licence. :crying:But other than that,:cooldj: this is a great little country if only the bloody weather was better. :pumpkin:

:waving: :18red: :waving:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.