Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Have owned our '95 SE 12 yrs. Use Valvoline 80/90 Full Synthetic r/e lube. Change every riding season. VERY IMPORTANT TIP: Yours truly uses small baby bottle, marked @ 4.7 oz., to put EXACT amount in via funnel/hose. NEVER overfill, or you may blow oil seal & NEVER overtighten fill cap[they're very fragile!]. You may also wish to FLUSH r/e. If lube appears very dirty, I fill, go on about 10 mile ride, drain/refill & repeat, until oil is clear after ride. Oil is MUCH cheaper than a new rear end! My 2 cents.....papasmurf

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
rear end oil would you used syn oil on 2006 goldwing
I change the differential oil every oil change. Three thousand miles. I use the cheap stuff but I've not had a problem so far. Did the same to the 2002 X my son inherited from me. I gave it to him with fifty grand on the clock and until the warranty was up I used the OEM Honda line lube. Its not THAT expensive but I have a penchant for Pennzoil and Lubriplate greases.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.