Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
big PIA
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called a trike builder a month or so ago and priced out a rear rim and was told $100, black or silver. Called again last week and was told $150, tried getting them back down but he said he could go to $125 but no lower or he wouldn't make anything. I didn't realize that they paid to keep the rims when they trike a bike. I found another place even closer that advertised triking bikes, gave them a call and he had 1 silver, said I could have for $65. Went to check it out, very dirty rim but with a tire still on it with lots of tread left. He told me rim was dirty from the beginning but I didn't care. Rim was in great shape. I told him it was cheap, he said he knows others sell them for $150 but he rather not have them sitting taking up space. I am going to pull tire and put darkside tire on

·
big PIA
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought 150 was high, am happy with the $65 I just paid. Now to buy the P1 tire hopefully in the next week

·
Magic Moderator
4,258 Posts
Having retired from the trike business, if the customer doesn't want the take-offs the shop keeps them for resale or to take up space. The stuff is left overs and selling a rim for $50.00 is better than it sitting on the shelf, by asking a high dollar figure it's called 'Greed'.

·
Pwhoever
3,084 Posts
I know the place that triked mine said that he would sell them for $25 a piece. When he runs out of space for all the takeoff trike parts, all the unsold rims along with the rest of the parts just get scrapped. This is Complete Cycle down in Rome. GA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts