Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I know this "GL1800 rear tire " thread is running and have been ask many time .

I have try to read as much as I can on that , but I'm still not decide yet which one I will pick

at this date which one can be a very good pick ,

I guess I can say that I don't do race driving with my GL1800 , in the same time I want them to have a good grip and last long ...big dilemma I know .

at the begin of this summer I have install a new front Dunlop E3 and I guess my GL is very sensitive to wobbling , since I got it right away after installation . For the visual aspect ( I know that not a lot ) but I found the E3 have a better tread look ;-)

Well that say , I hope , if you don't mind to share again your opinion or maybe redirect me to a thread that I have not read yet .

Thank you , have a great day and ride safe

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Which threads have you not read yet?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

well it might be logical to say which one I have read so:
I read that

Dunlop E3
highly subject to wobbling
very good grip

Metzeler 880
Good overall tire
subject to crack and/or de-laminate

Bridgstone and Avon lock good tire as well

so I guess in overall that those 4 one I might look closer too

I bought this used GL with dunlop E3 , so I don't know since when the rear tire have been install but the bike just turn 20,000 miles and the rear tire is really due to change

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Just wondering ...does a rear dual compound tire can be good ?
if there one who can fit ..;-)

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Run flat or winter-sport car tire!

Smoother ride, more tread contact, runs cooler, much higher payload, lasts two to four times as long, cheaper to purchase, grips the road better in all conditions including the twisties, stops much quicker without loosing traction, and has zero reports of delaminating and exploding like the bike tires do!

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

unionjk wrote:

Smoother ride, more tread contact, runs cooler, much higher payload, lasts two to four times as long, cheaper to purchase, grips the road better in all conditions including the twisties, stops much quicker without loosing traction, and has zero reports of delaminating and exploding like the bike tires do!
....what he said....

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

unionjk wrote:

Yup. My thread Here

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
imported post

I like the Bridgestone for a motorcycle tire, or a Kumho RF for a car tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.