Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just a Rider
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weeks ago I noticed sometimes the control didn't work propertly, I replaced the battery, worked for some time, then I needed to be really close to the trunk to make it work, either pop up the trunk or lock it, I disassembled it, used an electronic devices cleaner, reassembled, and worked again, then it completly quit, no matter what, I surfed the Forum, learned I could use a Honda CRV unit instead of the GL OEM, ordered thru a local locksmith store with no success, past week I ride to Guadalajara, where I know a guy really good and with best prices for chip car keys, remotes, etc.
He had a new CRV unit with the proper fq. Code, he already knows the way to program the new unit, which he tried a few times, with no success, he then checked the old unit I was carrying, found it worked propertly, but the receiver in the bike was the one who didn't work, So I need help on this, : is the remote receiver unit inside the trunk, and if so, there is a way to fix it, or just replace it for a new one? Also could be possible to use one from a CRV maybe?
Otherwise I would need to order the unit from a dealer in US.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
The receiver/control unit is inside the trunk lid plastic liner. Remove the screws holding the liner and you will see the control unit, a black plastic box.

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
As Gaswing mentioned, it is under the plastic liner in the trunk lid, and it is a sealed electronic unit, no repairs can be made, except to unplug it, toss it and install a new/used one.:sadguy:
Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
I would be chasing a new/used one with remotes. Not sure if it would be possible to bypass with an aftermarket unit, depends if you can get wiring diagram and if it is linked to the ECU.

·
Just a Rider
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much, sorry for the delay but last thursday I became the target for a stupid driver, hit me on the right side when riding my R1150GS, throw me over the central avenue concrete divider, 6 broken ribs, 24 hs at the hospital, but here I am standing; now repairing of the BMW is the primary concern after my healing; anyway i don't want to bore you, just one more question regarding the remote unit on the trunk, it is the same as for a car or it is specific for the GL? if for a Car I can get it here surely.
thanks for the replies.

"If your broken ribs give you a lot of pain, be happy, because it means you're alive! " from my kid brother Carlos.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.