Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here tried these brake pads? If so, what was/is your impression? Do they really reduce the brake dust? I am trying to decide if they are worth the extra money $212, compared to OEM $130?

http://wingstuff.com/products/33994-...ing-brake-pads

Per advertisement: Appx: $212
Complete kit contains 2 front sets and 1 rear set. Completely upgrade the brake performance of your GL1800 Gold Wing. These are NOT standard street compound Vesrah pads. Standard Vesrah pads work similar to stock with a slightly noticeable improvement in stopping distance and feedback. These pads are derived from a high performance endurance racing pad compound. The pad compound is joined to a laser cut backing plate. Laser cut plates are better because they have no stress induced into them like a normal backing plate which is stamped from a die.
Stamped plates can warp when subjected to extreme heat such as trying to stop a heavily loaded bike pulling a trailer, or when carving twisties where the pads stay hot for a long time. In the end, the outright stopping power is greatly improved, brake dust is greatly reduced, and the pads will not cause premature rotor wear. The stock brakes work very good to a point, but when you continue to pull harder on the brakes, they don't stop any harder. These pads are very linear and will continue to stop the bike harder (until your ABS comes on, if your bike is so equipped).

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Racing pads are overkill on a Goldwing. The OEM pads last 30000 miles on an 1800 Wing, already tried and proven.
Granted they may be overkill. The portion that I am interested in is the reduced brake dust. I don't have performance or endurance issues with OEM.

Just want to know if anyone has used these and if there is some credibility to the advertisement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.