Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My 01 1800 has front fork problems,seems like there is no shock action at all.Dealer says it could be anti-dive not working properly,may have to get a new left side unit for my forks..($350.00)...he said worse case senerio about $900.00 for repairs...

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

WOAH Redeyes!!!!! I'll betcha it is a plugged hole or dirt somewhere.I'd go over the forks myself, start to finish before I took my bike anywhere! I hope you figure it out! Good luck, jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

jimsjinx wrote:
WOAH Redeyes!!!!! I'll betcha it is a plugged hole or dirt somewhere.I'd go over the forks myself, start to finish before I took my bike anywhere! I hope you figure it out! Good luck, jimsjinx
I hope you are right,the dealer said it could be a blockage of some kind,Or the worst case senerio either way they have to tear her apart.....:(

·
Senior Guru
4,298 Posts
imported post

The antidive valve piston is most likely stuck.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Administrator
27,926 Posts
imported post

The anti dive valve is probably stuck and will have to be taken off and freed up. I don't see $900 or even $350 for that. There is a spacer I have seen on ebay to disable the anti dive. Also make sure the left front caliper is not dragging since it is what causes the anti dive to activate.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
imported post

I had the same problem and made a spacer to disable the antidive valve. The o ring fix only helps to push the piston back if it is NOT STUCK.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Do it yourself, you got all the help you need right here

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

Hi All,

I'm having the same problem. So I was thinking of rebuilding my anti- dive on my 1500 SE 1999. This may be a stupid question (and I think I know the answer) but will you lose the fork oil when you rebuild them?

Hickey :baffled::baffled:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.