Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've searched for this answer but can't find it.

The right side saddlebag won't open . After taking a trip , I might have "over loaded " it with extra clothes or junk we bought on our trip, any clues on how to get it open ?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Uh/Oh ........so does the bag latch still function or can you feel tension on it or has it already popped off the rod.

If the latch pull lever still works try pushing in on the bag lid and operate the latch at the same time.

There is a way to get at the cable through the trunk, but not sure it will help if a jacket or something is caught up in the lock latches.

Try pushing in on the bag lid, several times. Try that first.

If worst case, if you look at the very bottom of the saddle bag you will see a thin one inch trim section that covers the hinge screws, you cannot access the hinge screws with this in place. However up inside the trim piece it is held on by one screw front and back, take those screw out and you can get to the hinge screws , carefully open the bottom and try to yank the stuff out of the way that is sticking the top locks. Have to be careful as the top locks still need to be released by the cable.

Kit

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
imported post

According to my 2007 manual 1. Open the travel trunk and remove the plug from the right or left access hole in the floor of the trunk. 2. Put your finger through the access hole and push the rod. The bag should open. Not sure if this is true for all years.:)

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Well , I did finally get it open . I tried several things , but what finally worked was the "FONZIE". In other words , while pulling on the latch , I hit the saddle bag doora couple of times on topside with my fist ....it opens .

I know this ain't the fix to it , but until I figure it out , it works.

Thanks Guys for the info..... Ed

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

Its normally the left hand bags that do it, another way is to press the top of the pannier in while operating the lever, glad you got sorted though

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

To guys DO know there is a push release at the back of the bag in case the cable breaks???Hi up in rear covered with and accordian shaped rubber seal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.