Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

New to the forum, tried a quick search, but couldn't come up with anything. Is there a way to restore my GL1800 rims. I was keeping up on keeping the rims cleaned, but last year I hit a deer on it and it took the guy that I had fix it a really long time to fix it and now the rims are oxidizing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hiney

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

My 2 cents...
There are a zillion products put there to polish the wheels, followed with some kind of sealer wax. Depending on where one lives, the frequency of polishing is different. Where I am in So. Cal. I can get away with every other month or so because it is harm and dry most of the year. Even with these conditions, I am thinking about powder-coating the wheels on my 05. I like chrome also but I am not going for the chrome trim look.

·
Administrator
26,988 Posts
imported post

Good old elbow grease. Depending on how bad it is. I bought one off ebay that was pretty nasty. I started with 320 sandpaper and worked to finer grits and then steel wool then metal polish. It now looks almost like chrome and cleans really easy.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

OHhhhhhh yeah, CHROME :clapper::clapper::)

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

Simichrome paste works well if your elbow grease can is full...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.