Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi all. Starting to have a lot of trouble opening one of my saddlebags. Especially if it's full. Anyone else have a problem with this? I'm assuming there's a cable adjustment somewhere. I'd hate to break one of the latches under the tank one day. Anyway, thanks to all for any suggestions you may have. :?

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

The adjusters are in the trunk. There is a panel that you unscrew and you will see the wires and connections in there, but be careful when you do it. The panel is on the opposite side of the keyhole.

I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

Read on here awhile back that if you apply a little pressure to the lid, as if your trying to close it, then pull the latch to open it. This takes the pressure off of the latch during opening especially if the bags are full.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Yes they can stick. There is an adjustment in the trunk. Black plastic cover between lights can be removed and can adjust cables from there. Before doing this I would open the saddle bags and clean the inner surfaces and wax them to see if this makes a difference. If they are dirty they will also stick. Hope this helps.:action:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.