Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Thanks to the generosity of spirit and intellect of this group, I bought an '861200GLI on June 30th with 21,810 miles on it. I cleaned it up, tuned it up, put on new tires and took off the junky after-market gingerbread. The bike happily cruised up to the gas pump last night as it turned over to 25,000.0 miles. I'm so happy with this bike that I want to get a new one for long-distance travel (I just can't feelTHAT comfortable with a 20year-oldbike on a Canadian Coast-to-Coast adventure, even though I realize a brand new bike can strand you).

Anyway, I just can get over how woefully inadequate the Honda site is WRT the specs, features, standard equipment and accessories of the GL 1800.If I go to the Harley-Davidson site, they've got everything one wants to know about their competingElectra-Glide Ultra Classic.There are no surprises. Can somone point me to some site that tells me what the standard equipment is and what- and how much - the accessories are?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Hey Curt Miller :waving:I dont know what parts your looking for, but have a look at these sites and see if they areany use. :leprechaun:

http://www.wingtoys.com/ :clapper: http://www.hondadirectline.com/ :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:
Thanks, Redwing, but I wasn't meaning aftermarket parts, I was talking about the equipment furnished by Honda with the bike and what accessories Honda offers. For example, H-D go to great lengths to describe their radios while the Honda site doesn't tell you if one comes with the bike or if available as an options (and for how much). The US site is really pretty useless in this regard, telling only which colors and what financing plan are available.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey Curt Miller :byebye:The :18red:comes fairly basic, but you guys in the states get a few more bits than the Euro :18red:They all come standard with the radio, the U.S. :18red:comes with all the tail lights working ie trunk and panniers, and wired for a CB radio and a few other little bits :hovering:and you also have a choice of ABS :clapper:eek:r NON-ABS.:crying:But all the chrome, trunk lid spoiler, CD Player, CB Radio, etc are all extras. :headbanger:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

Curt Miller wrote:
Thanks to the generosity of spirit and intellect of this group, I bought an '861200GLI on June 30th with 21,810 miles on it. I cleaned it up, tuned it up, put on new tires and took off the junky after-market gingerbread. The bike happily cruised up to the gas pump last night as it turned over to 25,000.0 miles. I'm so happy with this bike that I want to get a new one for long-distance travel (I just can't feelTHAT comfortable with a 20year-oldbike on a Canadian Coast-to-Coast adventure, even though I realize a brand new bike can strand you).
I go on serveral coast to coast trips a year on my 1985 LTD. I bought my 84 Aspencade with 80,000 miles on it3 years ago and sold it with over 200k on itthis spring. You have to do some preventive maintainance but replaceing belts and hoses and flushing and replacing fluids is really pretty darn cheap compared to buying a new bike that has a history of over heating and frame cracks. Plus there are lots of 1200 parts out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.