Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm looking for a pair of GL1800 tail lights for a pair of side boxes I'm going to do "something" with, how interchangable are they from year to year, I'm not sure of the bike these came off but I'm thinking 2001 - 2006 ??? .

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

There 2 different saddle bag lights to the 1800's

01-05 are the interchangeable
06-2010 are interchangeable

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks newday, that's what I was looking for:waving:

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Hey Bob... I'm no 1800 person.. but I thought that all through 2011 were "interchangeable"... just two different styles...

(but then everytime I open my mouth on something I haven't had, I seem to get a foot... )

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

I talked with Wingstuff and their aftermarket lights have 2 different fitting the early pre 06 and then 06 and later. I had heard that so I checked it out from them.
You may find they might fit but I don't know that either.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

06-10 saddlebag lights won't fit the 01-05. The back of them is shaped different and they won't physically fit in the saddlebags.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

OK just checked w/Team ECC head GW Tech Herm, He thinks the lens bodies are the same. So they should fit. Must be a wiring change or socket change.
Again, I haven't been around them to know for sure.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

I know there are lots of people making the switch both directions.. old to new and new to old.... the baglights do require drilling some new mounting holes, but they apparently work.. (the trunk is plug and play)

Check HERE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.