Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there has been a lot of questions on this of late, and I just came across someone who put up this link.

The link can be saved to your computer if you will click on "File" "Save Page As"
with Firefox, that will save the entire page as a HTML file by itself.

You need to create a special folder for this, as it will create several smaller files inside that folder.

You can save the file on your computer and reference it at any time w/o the internet.

handy things on the Internet tend to disappear, I highly advise everyone to save this file to your computer.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When you click on the file name with the *.HTM suffix, it will open up in your Web Browser and look exactly like it did before.

This picture is inside a folder that I called:
c:\Data\GL1800\Temperature Display Mod

or, if you are using Linux, I saved it in Documents/bike/GL1800/Temp Mod

whatever, just don't loose it.

Temp Mod.png

·
Administrator
26,550 Posts
It can be done without having to remove the shelter, just the instrument cover. Pick up the green/white where it goes into the steering head and the blue/yellow where the display switches connect in front of the ignition switch.

Reactions: flylow

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
I just reach forward and press info button RARELY. So not very useful for me. I would like to have an adjuster for how long the turn signal stays on. 10 blinks is not enough at highway speed when you want to make those around you aware that soon you'll make a sharp right therefore you will almost stop

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just reach forward and press info button RARELY. So not very useful for me. I would like to have an adjuster for how long the turn signal stays on. 10 blinks is not enough at highway speed when you want to make those around you aware that soon you'll make a sharp right therefore you will almost stop
I have not read of a single instance of being able to accomplish that Peter, and that is my one big gripe.
I live off the intersection of a main US Highway and the right turn is up a steep hill and one car length later is the RR tracks..... and we should always come to a complete stop within 30 feet.

You can't do that with a Semi barreling down your ass..... so I flash my brake lights and keep the Right Turn blinking for a full 30 seconds, trying to get them to move over to the left lane.... "trying to" don't always work.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
It can be done without having to remove the shelter, just the instrument cover. Pick up the green/white where it goes into the steering head and the blue/yellow where the display switches connect in front of the ignition switch.
Just did this mod after reading this, however, on my 09 abs/navi bike, the correct wire color on the display switch module is red/white... Had to look in the shop manual after it didn't work properly using blue/yellow wire...

Les

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Administrator
26,550 Posts
Just did this mod after reading this, however, on my 09 abs/navi bike, the correct wire color on the display switch module is red/white... Had to look in the shop manual after it didn't work properly using blue/yellow wire...

Les
I could swear that is the wire I used on both of mine but both were base models. Red/yellow, not red white.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
When I used the red/yellow, it changed the display, not display temp... Guess there could be changes from one model year to the next. It does work well now though and now I do not have to reach under my handlebar bag to get the temperature which for sure is a safer way to do it...

·
Administrator
26,550 Posts
When I used the red/yellow, it changed the display, not display temp... Guess there could be changes from one model year to the next. It does work well now though and now I do not have to reach under my handlebar bag to get the temperature which for sure is a safer way to do it...
01-05 did use the blue/yellow. 06> used red/yellow.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
except for my '02
we need to work with that some more to figure out why it is not working on my bike.
oh well.... I am in Dayton, Ohio visiting with PJ, my son.
dunno how long will be here, guessing 2 weeks.

he has Cox Cable, much faster than my LTE and more stable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts