Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Headed out today for a short trip

The OM says 36 psi and 41 psi in the tires.

When I got new tires last year the guy said 40 in both.

What do you suggest?

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

I've had that same discussion on this forum. Your om says 36? Mine says 38 and 41, but each tire says 41 max. I tend to stay at about 39 and 41. Seems like the tires are not showing any kind of abnormal wear but time will tell. I actually prefer a softer ride and would deflate some except for all the warnings of cupping and wear.

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
imported post

41 both tires. 7000 miles with no signs of excessive wear or cupping.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Yes always check when cold. The max pressure on the side of the tire is cold too.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

I run 41/41 and have no tire wear showing after 5k

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

I am the same..............41/41 on both.........seems in my case to have longer tire life and very little cuping and I pull a trailer a lot as well.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,767 Posts
imported post

41/41 for me too. No cupping even at end of life, 14,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks

OK, I set them at 40/40.

Near Byrce Canyon and headed to the Grand Canyon this Morning. :action::action:

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

Just went through there last week. Be careful, the afternoon thunderstorms are getting pretty bad. We got hit by hail twice on our way through. The first time it wasn't bad, the size of peas and smaller. The second one was bad, about 1" diameter and no where to stop or get out of the storm.

Both my wife and I have arms and hands that are still tender with some bruising, thank goodness for full face helmets!!! We had on our leathers and rain gear!!

I watched as two cars skidded off to the side of the road, all I could think of was trying to keep the bike and trailer upright and slowly get out of the downpour. We made it through after about 1.5 miles and it was warm and sunny again. Stopped and scooped all of the hail from between us while smiling that we were fortunate not to be down on the side of the road.

Be Careful!!

I took lots of pictures of the parks and when I get a chance I'll post some of them.

Because of cupping and early wear from towing in the past I keep the rear tire at 43 and the front at 41.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Enjoy the ride. I was right there last month. Hope you stopped at the Navano Bridge. See the Calif. Condor's.

North Rim of the Canyon was closed for us. South Rim.... we rode right up to the Lodge. There are places to park the bike next to cars in the parking lot. Heading into Williams................ lot's of Deer! Absolutly a wonderful ride!!!:action::action:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.