Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The question came up on a rideout, and all kinds of figures got thrown up. Does anyone know for sure? I'm not brave enough to go out and try it on my own Wing.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Had mine up to 120 MPH on route 40 in Utah.:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,706 Posts
imported post

126-7 mph is about max for a low miles white GL1800 with a 150 pound rider on a cool evening on flat level interstate whilenorth bound ... that's certified mph via speedometer and backed up mby radar in moving mode ... and after the bike has been winding out forat least15-18 miles that we know of.

The excessive BAC only helped to remove his inhibitions of performing such a test in front ofthat marked state police car.

At high speed, a bike with all those nooks and crannies isn't really all that "aerodynamic".

;)

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
imported post

CrystalPistol wrote:
At high speed, a bike with all those nooks and crannies isn't really all that "aerodynamic".

;)
Isn't that what the all the tupperware is for ?

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I've seen 126 on the GPS on the 1800, 131 on the GPS for the1100, and 119 on the GPS for the 1500. I once rode 165 on a BMW 1000 in Germany back in the 80s according to it's speedo.:waving:

Gene:action:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,688 Posts
imported post

I once saw 115 mph on the speedo on my GL1200 and thought "you crazy" and slowed down to something more sane.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

Saw an indicated 128MPH two up on a 2-week old bike. So fast it stripped all thay crappy silver paint off of it. Now it's white.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

I've seen 115 on my 1200 sidecar rig. It gets scarey when the sidecar gets to bouncing.

·
Premium Member
61,413 Posts
imported post

128 and then I started thinking about deer........

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Foodman wrote:
Don't worry, if you hit a deer at 128 mph, you'll go thru it like a knife thru butter....NOT!:shock:

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
Foodman wrote:
Don't worry, if you hit a deer at 128 mph, you'll go thru it like a knife thru butter....NOT!:shock:

No need to think about it, At that speedyou wont have the time to say "Oh Sh "

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.