Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well it never fails. I took the tires off and took them to the Modesto Kawaski Shop on Capenter Road , Modesto, Ca to have new tire put on the rims, not balanced. I put them on the bike and it was a smooth as glass and then things went to hell in the hand basket after about 80 miles. The TPMS light came on. I had noticed when I went to make sure I had the right air pressure in the dealership put in a valve stem that did not look like the square one that came with the bike which had TPMS written on it. When I called and asked why they changed it they gave me some BS store about how my old one was cracked and they had to replace it. Kind of funny since I never lost any tire presure for more than a years with the old one. What I'd say happened is they screwd it up and destoryed it when they either put the new tire on or took it off but I let it go since the shop service manager told me this was a new style TPMS and it was on the inside of the tire. Well, like I said 80 miles into a 10 hour ride the light came on and stayed on until now. Tire presssure is at 41 just like it was when I left the house. Is this SM full of crap as a Christmas turkey or is there as was I can clear the TMPS and make it work with one old styple TPMS and one claimed NEW STYLE TPMS. let me know before I call and ask they fix it. They've already told me they do not have a TPMS for my bike in stock and they'd have to order it. I don't think I should have to pay a dime for their screwup.

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

TPMS sensors are easy to break if the installer does not know they are there or does not know how to mount and dismount tires with TPMS sensors in them.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

nvrpc wrote:
........ the shop service manager told me this was a new style TPMS and it was on the inside of the tire. ........

I am thinking you were sold the "manual" TPMS .

I hope they stand good for problem .

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

You mean like he is full of crap as a Christmas trukey and I should ask the replace what was there and fix it free of charge?

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

Of course he should repair it free of charge. It's damaged caused by the neglect of a supposed professional who chose to undertake the job (and all it entails). As to the "new style" tpms that is on the inside...I'd really like to see the old one that by his reconning should be...on the outside?????

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I am hearing that once they put the new TPMS transponder onto the rear rim they have to sink up the front and read transponder with a device on the bike. Can this be done without them driving the bike. I really don't want them behind my bars especially after I see the work they do.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

nvrpc wrote:
You mean like he is full of crap as a Christmas trukey..
You will never know for sure or be able to prove it. They might do the right ting and pay for a new TPMS valve, or meet you half-way on the cost. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

yea you never know. the mechanic told the service rep it was busted before. So for the service rep it's between you and the mechanic. He probly has an idea what happened but if the mechanic didn't own up right away it makes it difficult for all. If you are a good customer he may stand behind you if you have not been or have been a pain in the a$$ customer he may just side with the mechanic
wilf

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I's say this would make them a pretty crappy outfit. One for doing a losy job, two for beong liers and three for taking people for being stupid. That goes for the mechanic and the SM. All the mechanic had to do was own up to screwing it up, tell the truth and if they didn't have a TMPS senor in stock tell the customer what they did, order and new one and make sure you as the customer got back in there are no cost and fixed it free. Soory but my principle are much, much better than theirs. Trust no one, is my motto and this is another reason why I don't. I will have this argument with them come tuesday and if they don't fix it free it will be the last time they do anything for me and I'll pass the word at mach 1.. Hell at this point in time I don't even trust the fact they're torque the lug nuts to 80 foot pounds or over torque them so they can make some more money by saying they go that way due to temperature change or may they just get tighter as you go down the road. That's how much I trust them after this bunch of BS , "your TPMS was cracked so we had to replace it with one where the TMPS is inside the tubless tire" as all the new ones are. Bah Humbug !!!

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
imported post

Hey nvrpc, why don't you tell us how you really feel? :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I'll try to express my dismay more clearly the next time so everyone including the dealership understands. Sorry I wasn't more explicite and did not express myself clearly enough.

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
imported post

Good man! I think that is just what the dealer needs to hear.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

MichiganWing wrote:
It's damaged caused by the neglect of a supposed professional who chose to undertake the job (and all it entails).
And all it entails....... You mean like completing the job in a professional manner and CHARGING FOR SUCH???? Which Im quite sure they did that last part without incident.

If the SM says they put one on the "Inside", ask for the paperwork on it, ask for your warranty, in writing............ If you have a record function on your cell phone, use it to record your conversations.

I would go as far as contacting Honda themselves.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Got a name and e-mail address I can write to? I'll be more than glad to put some fire under their buttock.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
nvrpc wrote:
........ the shop service manager told me this was a new style TPMS and it was on the inside of the tire. ........

I am thinking you were sold the "manual" TPMS .

I hope they stand good for problem .
Well I confronted the service manager with this issue of the new TMPS sensors being on the inside of the RIM and he said "I suggest those who say these do not exist check their manuals and with honda motorcycles". So with that said does anyone have access to a parts catalog whereby they can look this up and get back with us and possibly a picture to verify who os right and who is wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

I am a little consused here. I do believe that the goldwings after 08 had the tpms mounted inside the rim and are vunerable to damage while r&r a tire. I do not know what would have been on a 08 or older. I thought all OEM tpms where in the rim
Wilf

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

The sensor is and always has been on the inside of the rim, (#15) not external. The square valve stem is just the stem (#16) not the sensor. If they installed a new sensor it would have to be initialized to your bike or the light will come on as yours did. I think they broke your sensor, easy to do if you are not familiar with them. If it has a regular rubber stem in it, it does not have a sensor in the tire.
http://www.hondaparts-direct.com/fi...y=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2010&fveh=31255

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

pic Dam Dave beat me to the punch!

Attachments

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

I am sad to report that what is on my bike now does not look like part #16 but look like part # 7. I guess that why he said he had to order a new one and will call me when it come in and will only take 1.5 hours to replace.

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

Yes, but you posted the actual picture. Of the front though, my link is for the rear which somehow I assumed that was the one in question.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.