Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey all,

I bought my '05 last year , in small part ,because my wife falls asleep on the back frequently and I thought that she would be tucked in nice and snug . To my unpleasant suprise she says that she feels a little too snug .As we get older we have found that wetake more "luggage" with us. So the question to anyone out there is , can the trunk be atleast moved back a bit ? I have also wondered if removal ( non-permanent ) and mounting a back rest ( I have an extra from my last bike , a Kawasaki Nomad ) would be an option ? I love this bike and don't want to have to buy a differentone just for her to ride with me .

Thanks for any and all suggestions,

AJ.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
imported post

By any chance have you done the rear backrest modification? I had mine done so that the Missus sits up a little straighter instead of the odd angle that Honda came up with. It gives them a couple of more inches backward space to sit in.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Bigmick wrote:
By any chance have you done the rear backrest modification? I had mine done so that the Missus sits up a little straighter instead of the odd angle that Honda came up with. It gives them a couple of more inches backward space to sit in.
Post a picture so others can see what you are speaking of how it looks.
Info of where you had it done and how much is very helpfull too!

:?

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

I've seen that mod on an 1800. It looked like about an inch taken off the thickness of the pad, including at the sides which is what pushes the passenger forward. It looked fine, the riders wife was happy with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.