Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Left striker rod in top trunk is damaged and loose. Trunk locks but dash display remains on indicating that trunk is open. This iannoying as it overides all else on screen. Until I fix/replace rod does anyone know how todeactivate the displaying of this irritating message?

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum! On the inside of the trunk, the cover over the lock mech has to be removed to get to the wire that is plugged into the switch.I believe it would be easier to fix the metal loop than have to start tearing that apart. If you had the wiring diagram, (service manual)you could find where the wire connects under the seat and disconnect it.:smiler:

Gene:action:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

The little switch might work if you spray it with WD40.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome ferdiH[/align]

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

I don't have an 1800 or a manual for one, so I can't tell you for sure whether the switch is normally open or normally closed. If the switch is normally closed and opens when activated, then what Glester told you will work, just unplug the connector, either at the switch or in-between if possible. If the switch is normally open, and closes when activated, then you will have to find a way to either keep it activated or short the two wires together which would be the same as closing the switch. Pulling the plug would only keep the circuit open.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.