Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Wingers. I have an '01 GL1800. My display shows my trunk is open. I assume a switch is bad but I cannot find out where it might be. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for all help.

Ralph

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
Ralph, the micro switch is built into the trunk latch mechanism. You should be able to see it when you remove the plastic cover covering the mechanism just inside the trunk.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Over time the metal loops work their way loose and slide up.Might try to adjust the metal loops as far down as they'll go.It doesn't take much and the trunk won't show it's closed

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
If you press down hard on the lid does the light go out? If it does, tweak the latches a bit and it should fix the problem.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Guys. Thanks for the info..Didn't have chance to fix it..out of town..will try this weekend..hopefully.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I've had that problem but fixed it with the above method. I'm just curious, if I ever get to the point that I can't fix it, has anyone ever disabled the switch so it senses that the lid is closed all the time?

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Over time the metal loops work their way loose and slide up.Might try to adjust the metal loops as far down as they'll go.It doesn't take much and the trunk won't show it's closed
wouldn't it be the other way round and that they have slipped down slightly, pushing them back up would then make the lid fit more tightly? :?

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Trunk Open" display is out now, but trunk won't close

Got here after searching for an answer to how to get the Trunk Open display to go out. Info about removing panel just inside the trunk, to get to the switch, was very useful, and after diddling around in there for a while, the display DID go out (whew - can see clock and mileage etc again) but now the trunk won't latch shut. Tried moving the latch mechanism back to accept the trunk loops, so it latched shut, but then the Open display came back on. I opted to have the display off, and the trunk unlatched. Solutions?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Got here after searching for an answer to how to get the Trunk Open display to go out. Info about removing panel just inside the trunk, to get to the switch, was very useful, and after diddling around in there for a while, the display DID go out (whew - can see clock and mileage etc again) but now the trunk won't latch shut. Tried moving the latch mechanism back to accept the trunk loops, so it latched shut, but then the Open display came back on. I opted to have the display off, and the trunk unlatched. Solutions?
You'll have to play with the linkage by adjusting it. It's aggravating, but rest assured, the more you get irritated, the more it seems to like it and the more difficult it is. Take your time and a few deep breaths. On my left bag, I had to take the linkage off that goes from the back latch to the front latch and turn it to make the adjustment. It took a few tries, but haven't had any issues since I did that, been a year now.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I had the same problem with my left bag on my 01. I unplugged the wires and never looked back.

If it gets too frustrating, just unplug it!

Rayjoe

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
wouldn't it be the other way round and that they have slipped down slightly, pushing them back up would then make the lid fit more tightly? :?
Nope, the latches make the switch, not the lid. Phillips head screw driver is all that is needed for this fix.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Can someone tell where to unplug the trunk sensor? So tired it staying on.
Have you tried simply adjusting the latches to stop it happening?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.