Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Everyone.. I could use some help... my turn signals on the wing do turn on but refuse to turn off automatically. they will turn off manually. any suggestions on how to fix ..

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

olewhistler wrote:
Hi Everyone.. I could use some help... my turn signals on the wing do turn on but refuse to turn off automatically. they will turn off manually. any suggestions on how to fix ..
Welcome to the forum! Chances are your canceller up under the front of the fairing, coming thru the steering stem is disconnected. If you look up under the front of the fairing, at the steering stem, you should see a little arm sticking out with a screw in the end. That is the auto canceller, I call it. If the arm is missing, it won't work, and if the wires running thru the top of the steering stem are disconnected either in the harness or where it connects down in the stem, it won't work. It is the arm like thing in the picture. I had to replace a missing screw in mine, I used a SS hex screw to replace the missing one.:smiler:

Gene:action:

Attachments

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

Don't forget there is also a speed sensor input into the Cancel Circuit. Without movement of the bike the cancel does not auto cancel.

I just check my 1800 (04). Turned the turn signal on and swung the handlebars right and left lock to lock. No auto cancel, then I rolled the bike down the driveway and turned the bike around...auto cancel worked at that point.

I would check into the speed sensor input into the cancel circuit.
Henry

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]

[align=center]Welcome olewhistler[/align]

[align=center][/align]

·
Administrator
26,181 Posts
imported post

Did this just happen or did you buy the bike recently and it has not worked since you got it? The reason for the question is that some people don't like the auto cancel and disable it so if you bought it that way it may have been disconnected.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thank You glester, hanko I'll check what I can and let you gentelman know what i find out,and thank you sethan12 for the welcome..

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

What year is your 1800?? Do you have the electrical schematic for it? If you have a 01-05 PM me and I can arrange to get you the portions of the schematic you need to troubleshoot.

If you bought the bike from someone I'm inclined to believe the same as Dave0430 & GLester that someone may have disabled the cancel circuit. The easiest way is to remove or disable the arm, or disconnect the pulse input from the "Combination Meter" as the book calls the instrument cluster.

Let us know.

Henry

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

the bike is a 2008,and I bought it new.it was working 5 weeks ago but have unable to ride it since. its been on its stand until yesterday when I noticed the problem..

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

OK, if it is still on the center stand when you are trying to test it then the turn signals will not auto cancel. You need to have it moving to get the auto cancel to work. You can test that by running it in 2nd gear with the bike rear tire off the ground and after a bit they should auto cancel. The equivalent of a couple hundred feet of movement.

If you are riding it and they do not auto cancel then yes, look at what was already presented here to help you find the issue.

Henry

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thank you for your effort but I have been riding the bike and still does not work, even kicking the front tire doesn't work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.