Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i have a 2006 goldwing what kind off tires would be good & millage wise we ride two

most off the time i put 40 in front & 44 in rear

thank you spuder :stumped::cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

Quiet curious what tires are you using at the moment, and what do you not like about them?

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

Spuder,

The Elite 3's work pretty well 2 up towing a trailer. Just be sure to check them on a regular basis to make sure they are not starting to delaminate. I had one do that, and the 2nd one I wore out with no issues. You will however probably not get more than 10-12K out of the tire if you even get that much. On the one that wore out I got just over 9K but I was towing a trailer with 2 up on the bike.

If you are sticking with motorcycle tires then the E3's are a pretty good tire.

I have since switched over to the Dark Side.... do your research first.

I am running a Kumho run flat rear. 195-55-16
Bridgestone battleaxe front mounted backwards.

So far after a trip to Alaska and back and 3 long trips in state I have over 9,000 miles on them and they still have over 2/3 of the usable tread left with no signs of cupping yet.

The 1800 is quite hard on rear tires, I attribute this to the weight of the bike, the loads we put on them and the power this bike has.

Henry

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

I ride 2 up and tow a trailer also.I put 18000 miles on my first set of E3 and now have a new set on.Very happy with them.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

Ironman1947 wrote:
I ride 2 up and tow a trailer also.I put 18000 miles on my first set of E3 and now have a new set on.Very happy with them.
I don't know how you did it Ironman, I've never gotten more than 10-12K out of a set of E3's. That is excellent!!

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

Hanko wrote:
Ironman1947 wrote:
I don't know how you did it Ironman, I've never gotten more than 10-12K out of a set of E3's. That is excellent!!
18000? Wow! Awesome mileage from any tire!I had 7,800 miles on mine when it delaminated 200 miles from home in Canada..(Yes I check pressure consistantly)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.