Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Another must watch video imho.

[flash=420,315]http://www.youtube.com/v/zsPjNYY5GvM[/flash]

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
imported post

Looked like he was gonna lose it a few times. I wonder how banged up the right rear saddlebag got from the helmet hanging off the holder...

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
imported post

[align=center]thats the kid of thing you would only try with somebody elses bike. :applause:
[/align]

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

.........but not mine.

Fair play, he can do things I can't, but he really didn't seem to be in control most fo the time - pretty lucky to get away with it.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

The second guy, Crazy Larry as indicated on screen, is an idiot. He almost lost it several times, just got lucky, had the helmet banging the crap out of the back of the bike and the helmet itself, and scraped the crap out of the turn downs on the pipes. Not much skill in that. Skill would have been holding it in a controlled wheelie without damaging the bike. The first guy was closer to that. This has been posted a few times before and I always shake my head.

John

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
imported post

Knob no 1

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Dork!

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

Ok, I have to admit it. I love a good wheelie! :badgrin:

But, no way I'd ever attempt it on a Goldwing. That's just abuse. And he definitely wasn't in control. Will probably kill himself someday. Hope he doesn't take anyone with him.....

Doug

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

To a point, wheelies are cool. (I don't like seeing them at 80mph on the interstate.)

I've seen some really good wheelies on 1800's. This guy isn't one of them. Some of them weren't too bad, but on some of them it looked like he wasn't in control, just along for the ride.

That being said, I've never done a wheelie, so i'm not in much of a position to criticize.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Hmmm!!!!

If I did that, The Beast would bight my ...ss for sure.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

A good controled wheelie is cool to watch , not really useful as a rulebut cool to watch . Trials folk use them all the time in their meets , dirt riders do them a lot . Now if he was winning a police skills competion like I've seen at some bike weekends that would impress .

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
imported post

Had the old 1100 in wheelie ONCE. Won't do that again. It came down way too hard. I can't afford an 1800 to abuse.

John

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
imported post

Guess we will need to start looking at the tailpipes on a used bike just to be sure one of his clan did try and do wheelies with the bike. Maybe we can name the clan for him.....clanoclowns:july4thflag:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.