Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just got a GL500 w/17K.I want to trike it for my wife.(Sometimes she forgets to put her feet down :D)I plan on using a car/truck rear end.Has anyone any info on this.I can weld,and cut.But I need a diagram of aframe for the rear end.Thanks

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

There are some good trike build threads on the forum, you might get some good information from them.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

One thing I noticed in my time here regarding trike builds. Alot of the axles never get cut down short enough(JMO). They remind me of a "dually" truck. Anyway, I have been through my motortrike rear end, and have a pretty good idea of what's goin on down there. If I can help please drop me a PM and we can swap phone numbers. Also, I think Skip20 is a trike building genius. JMO. Anyway, good deal on a 1500 with virtually NO miles on her!! Get,and keep that puppy running,though! They don't like sitting long!! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

you said it was a gl "500" Is that a typo or are you triking a Honda Guzzi. If so, do they have the power for a seyup with a car rear end

·
Trike Master
1,248 Posts
imported post

donlaubach wrote:
you said it was a gl "500" Is that a typo or are you triking a Honda Guzzi. If so, do they have the power for a seyup with a car rear end
Good catch and an interesting question. I would not think the Gl500 would have the necessary HP for a trike conversion but, an interesting point to ponder.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

The CX/GL500's were triked for Police Dept's.

Attachments

·
Trike Master
1,248 Posts
imported post

CaptainMidnight85 wrote:
The CX/GL500's were triked for Police Dept's.
Perfect for the needs of low speed city parking violation patrol. Quite different than running highway speeds, accelerating normally, etc.

Max power 50hp @ 9000rpm.

Even HD was smart enough to know a 50+hp motor was not near enough for the Tri-Glide, which IMHO opinion still feels underpowered even w/the 103 engine it has! But, then how much power does one really need to get to the speed limit?

Still waiting to see exactly what bike the OP is talking about triking.

Was Gl500 a misprint or not:?

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Yep, Meter-Maid fare... If it's anaround town thing, then it'll be good for a starter. If it's a 500, I recall other threads about this topic...

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
imported post

check out cx 500 trikes on the net they are common in the uk. over here they use
reliant robin/kitten axles i don't know if they were exported to the states they were a funny looking 3 wheeler check them out on the net.
glenn/uk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.