Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

All,

On another thread the topic of co-rider responsibilities came up. I just want to share a great safety item with you that my wife uses when riding two-up with me.

They are called the “Glo Glov”. You can get them online at www.gloglov.com. The “Traffic Control” model is the best suited for motorcycle use.

They are very light weight stretch gloves, with no fingertips, that pull over your existing riding gloves. They have reflective patches on the palms and back of the hands. On the palms are red hexagonal patches representing stop signs. On the back of the hands are yellow triangles that point towards the finger tips.

Every time we slow down or stop, my wife sticks both of her arms out to the side with palms facing rearward, displaying the reflective stop sign. She will even move her arms up and down just a bit to provide some motion to catch the eye of those behind us. Whenever we turn or change lanes, she sticks out the arm for that direction with the top of her hand facing rearward, displaying the turn arrow. We, of course, still use the bikes standard turn signals and brake lights, but supplement those indicators with these gloves.

We have both been amazed at how much more attention and respect we command on the bike when she uses these gloves and makes the appropriate hand signals. Cars slow down behind us much quicker, and also seem to allow us more clearance when making a lane change.

(One Note: These gloves are not well suited for a lone rider to wear, since the patches, though flexible, are a bit thick and can be a tad slippery as well. Hard to grip with.)

This is a terrific safety item for your co-rider to wear and use. I would highly recommend them to all. They have served us well.

Will try to attach a picture of the gloves below.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.