Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 GL1500SE / Lehman GTL / 3.08 rear

Thinking what a blast it'd be to have that button for high mountain passes, toting load, or just to shock a buddy on 1800? Hide small bottles under seat or in rear trunk?

:D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sure, as long as you don't get too carried away. The hard part would be finding room for all the bits and pieces. Fuel pump, regulators, solenoids, etc. It would be a lot easier to start with a fuel injected engine.

·
Banned
500 Posts
ever seen s nitrous explosion? wanna have to constantly rebuild engine, final drive, trans? do ya wanna go through the hassle of rejetting everytime you change altitude?

go for it.

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was / is largely …. in jest.

·
Administrator
57,513 Posts
whew!!!! you would be surprised how many would be serious. i used to line up beside em at the dragstrip.

as did my brother, "Keith Craig" in the '70s and '80s ( ran against Gene Snow, Shirley Muldowney, etc... )

His buddies would fire up those Nitro cars and IF it survived the run down the strip, it was always torn down, inspected, and put back together in between runs.

My brother's car ran Methanol and he would run a complete racing season without ever having to tear the engine down "just to inspect it".

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And Marty Robbins used it once at Talladega in the '70s so he could have the joy of passing Richard Petty under green …
… then he put his car behind the wall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts