Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey guys, whats up. This summer were goin on a big trip, ending up in Yellowstone Natl. Park in Wyoming. We went out there 6 yrs ago, but I had to ride on the back of my dad's wing cuz I wasnt old enough to ride my own, and didnt have one at the time. (Ill be 18 in June by the way) We want to take a different route out there and were trying to figure up some milage stuff. The only online milage things I can find tell you the quickest route. I was wondering if anyone knew of an online thing that would let me put in my own route then tell me the milage. Thanks.

---Eric

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

Hi Eric,

Try mapquest.com. It might do what you want.

I used to have a travel software from AAA that would let you plan your own route then give you all kinds of information. They have a huge data base to work from and know all the senic stuff plus motels and food stops. If you're a member, I'd check with them. I think I picked up the software CD from Office Depot. It's out there somewhere and is most likely better than when I had it.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

By the way,

Congrats on having a Wing. You don't see many 18 yr olds on GoldWings. I think the average age for a winger is like 67 or something. :cheeky1::cheeky1::clapper::D.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

I think the average age is 29 years old but Redwing brings it up to 67.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

I forgot about Redwing. :p

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

1984Aspencade wrote:
Hey guys, whats up. This summer were goin on a big trip, ending up in Yellowstone Natl. Park in Wyoming. We went out there 6 yrs ago, but I had to ride on the back of my dad's wing cuz I wasnt old enough to ride my own, and didnt have one at the time. (Ill be 18 in June by the way) We want to take a different route out there and were trying to figure up some milage stuff. The only online milage things I can find tell you the quickest route. I was wondering if anyone knew of an online thing that would let me put in my own route then tell me the milage. Thanks.

---Eric
Eric, forget the online stuff, go get a copy of Microsoft's Streets and Trips. It's a cheap program and will do what you want. It's a lot easier to use, has more details and you can program it to whatever route you want.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

chief43 wrote:
Hey chief43 :waving: Youneed to check my profile. :action: Long past 67. :crying:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Yeah, I know younger guys are usually on cruisers or crotch rockets but Ive been around wings since I was born and I love em. And thanks for the info guys. Ill get some pics of my bike soon and share if youd like.

---Eric

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
chief43 wrote:
Hey chief43 :waving: Youneed to check my profile. :action: Long past 67. :crying:

:walker: :18red: :walker:
I think Chief43 was referring to the fact that your emeritus status (great number of earth orbits around the sun) brought the average of forum members to 67. However I think his estimate of average age without the inclusion of your advanced four score plus is a bit low. It would be interesting to see a poll to see the age ranges of our members. I hate to admit it but a Goldwing seems to be comparable to a Cadillac DeVille or Lincoln Towncar in this country as for driver's ages. Doesn't make me feel bad, just accumulated wisdom. Young pups don't know what a good ride is!

:baffled:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

chief43 wrote:
Paul start a poll, 58 years young for me.
I lay claim to 63 orbits around our star!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

I am 30 26. I decided I loved my thirties so well, I will never leave them!!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

By the way, thank you for the Rand McNally link Randy, (Even if it does bust the page!!). I have just used it to plan a trip and I am impressed!!

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Yeah it works pretty good, you can not only put in your starting and stoping points but also any places you want to stop at in between. Thanks for the link.

Oh, and im 17, I guess Ill help bring your guys average down huh?

---Eric

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

1984Aspencade wrote:
Yeah it works pretty good, you can not only put in your starting and stoping points but also any places you want to stop at in between. Thanks for the link.

Oh, and im 17, I guess Ill help bring your guys average down huh?

---Eric
You will just balance out REDWING, between the two of you your average is about 50!:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

52 yrs next month. God saved me from my 30's and my 20's. Don't want to look back, too much to see ahead. Had all kinds of bikes since I was 18 but couldn't afford the Goldwing till 29 couldn't enjoy one till 51.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

22 years here. Guess I lost my status as the young'un on this forum.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

just remember that between where you live and yellowstone there are miles and miles of only miles and miles...

the choices are probably miles and miles of kansas
miles and miles of nebraska
miles and miles of South Dakota

but remember, traveling is like life... the journey along the way is as important as the destination

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

oh i know there are lots of miles, we took a motorycycle trip out to yellowstone before. Itll be6 years ago in july. This time however, Ill be on my own bike.

---Eric

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.