Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was just wonderin how many on this forum do fall camping.There have been several good checklist posted lately.

Oct. 11 Texas Renaisance Festival starts and runs till after Thanksgiving this year. I have been going to this faire for 26yrs now and look forward to it every year.Nearly every weekend I camp there. http://www.texrenfest.com/

This will be the first year I will be camping with the Goldwing. I was with a large group in the past few years. I am no longer part of that group so I am not taking nearly as much....... cheaper to feed 2 than 42...... (long stroy about a bad night of others jumping to conclusions). How in the world do you pack the saddle bags and trunk?????I am going to make some practice runs and find the best way to pack for my wife and myself....... Think I will leave the armor at home.... hmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

We haven't be to the Renaisance in years......But knowing that you will be there every weekend We might try to get out there to visit....eat like a pig, chase the wenches, Lord help me if I caught one...And give Merlin a hard time.....Just out of crousity how much the tickets going for now????

Well if you live near Texas this is the Fesitiaval to come too....It started as just one mans idea of a fun thing to do, and now its THE TEXAS RENAISANCE to attend all others are just weak wanna be's....

Caude....

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

If it has been a while since you have gone it is much different than just a few years ago. It is much more tame and family friendly than it used to be. Tickets for opening weekend will be $11.00 and normally $21.00. I am still trying to narrow down what to pack. I think just my wife and I will be going alone first weekend and leaving the kids. (going to be hard. I may have to check the trunk to see if one sneaks in.)We have friends from all over the world come every year, and every year we make new friends.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
imported post

Now this brings back fond memories of living near Conroe for many years. We went to the festival for several years ......back in the day...................enjoy.

Tim :bat:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.