Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As you may have guessed from my nick - I want a bit more oomph from my old bus (I have a 50bhp nitous kit installed at the moment).

I have been told that the Valkyrie cams are a bit hotter than the Wing's. I know they rev 1000rpm higher but I'd guess that the ignition box wouldn't be interchangeable...

Anyone know about getting some decent performance out of 1.5 litres?

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Nitrowing :waving: Your welcome to the forum. :clapper: Some of the "Gurus" might be able to help you. :jumper:

:weightlifter: :18red: :weightlifter:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

If it's a GL1500 then the only thing I know of is the Trigger Wheel.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I know a guy with a 1989 GL1500 who also has a totalled Valkyrie/F6C. He was toying with the idea of switching the 6 carbs from the F6 onto the Wing but ran into difficulties. It would have been a good idea, I must check and see if he got any further. We were also wondering if the hotter cams or the whole heads from the F6 could be switched over to the 1500.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I was looking at those same modifications due to the f6c having more power...

I don't see any benefit in doing a complete head swap. I did initially as I thought the f6c had bigger bore exhausts. On closer inspection, where the ehaust joins the head, it appears to be the same size as the wing (28mm I think)but expands purely for show to look like it has big fat headers...

So, I am looking into cams myself now, plus trying to find someone to make a bit of pipework up to let me fit a pair of loooong titanium end-cans I have lying around :D

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
imported post

It all depends how deep your pockets are .There are heads,cams,x tractor exhausts

from the states.you could probably get the headsflow ported over here

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Since you're already a gas user, you probably already know that a higher compression ratio is where the real power is going to be found. Raising the red-line onthe same compression ratio changes where the power is available and applied. We're not talking about de-tuned small-blocks and cam swaps, so I won't even listen to nay-sayers...

If you're looking to spend some money to get this done, my suggestion is to raise the compression ratio by whatever means avaialbe, then concentrate on red-line. Me and my approach is to go for red-line and use whatever C/R the engine will support and settle for the power available. I've been happy with that formula.

Finding max redline at any given C/R for your engine is gonna determine where max power can be found and utilized.

All other "power" tricks are enhancementsupon the combustion chambers efficiency for the C/R it has.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Supercharger? -

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/DmCnS69QdDw&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.