Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have my 83 Aspencade up and running now so I decided to sell my 83 Goldwing Standard.

Here is the run down. 83 Standard with Vetter Fairing and new windshield with vents. AM/FM/CD player mounted in Cycle Sound with Sony speakers. I also have a headphone jack mounted in the system to plug in for helmet speakers. Vetter hard bags and trunk (pizza box) just repainted. Motorola CB radio mounted on the handle bars and works with the helmet speaker system by Motocomm. Includes push to talk button on handlebar. New rear tire with less than 400 miles. Good front tire. I run Mobil 1 in the engine.

It's had all the maintenance done,although the carbs might needsome cleaning. They are a little flat on acceleration in OD, but the bikeruns good and get's 44 miles per gal at 70 mph.

I was thinking of asking around $3000.00 for it give or take. Would I be better off removing all the Vetter parts and selling it stripped or leaving it as is. If I strip it, I have to replace the tabs for the front forks that hold the turn signal on. They had to be cut off to clear the fairing. The bike looks great and I get a lot of compliments when I ride. This is not a beater. It shines.

I look forward to your opinions.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

$3000 is probably the most you would get even for a mint Standard. Probably better to leave the extras on at this point as they might help keep the value up. Why not ask Steve (wingnut) to post an advert for you?

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
imported post

For referance. I just bought a 1986 GL1200 Interstate with no extras,Radio,Intercom,Chrome,Lights type of stuff. The bike is almost perfect. Carbs did not even need cleaned!! but it did need new front fork seals and timing belts and general maintenance stuff...and it also had a air-rider seat,floor boards. Has under 12k on the odometer. Price was aLITTLE over$2k:clapper:

I would put yours up for 3k though cuz youwill neverget it if you dont ask:cool:

And a premium price does say premium shape

Pat

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

PatinIdaho wrote:
For referance. I just bought a 1986 GL1200 Interstate with no extras,Radio,Intercom,Chrome,Lights type of stuff. The bike is almost perfect. Carbs did not even need cleaned!! but it did need new front fork seals and timing belts and general maintenance stuff...and it also had a air-rider seat,floor boards. Has under 12k on the odometer. Price was aLITTLE over$2k:clapper:

I would put yours up for 3k though cuz youwill neverget it if you dont ask:cool:

And a premium price does say premium shape

Pat
I'd say you got an unusual deal on that 1986. I sold mine a few months ago for $3800 and it had 60,000 miles. It was an SEI with all the goodies and everything worked but I'd expect an '86 I to be over 3k with that light mileage.

I'd expect Jerry's to sell in the 2500-2700 range with the fairings. I wouldn't take the Vetter off, a buyer can do that if he wanted and I think it will sell better with. Take a look at eBay to get an idea of prices.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks you all for the info. The GL Standard was my first Goldwing so parting will be such sweet sorrow, but the Aspencade runs like a bat out of hell. I looking forward to my first good ride.

Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.