Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

After 8 months planning and thinking about it, we leave tommorrow morning!!

5 riders, ( 3 Wings, 1 FJR, and 1 Heritage ).

8 days of cruising!!!!!!!

About 3000 miles round trip, give or take a little...

Hope it's a little cooler there, it was 105 this afternoon, and hot as HELL right now!!!

Later...

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Interesting mix. At a moderate speed the Winger's will be happy, the FJR a little bored, and the Heritage working like crazy to keep up in the curves! :D

Have a wonderful and safe ride!!

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

Tex wrote:
Hope it's a little cooler there, it was 105 this afternoon, and hot as HELL right now!!!
Been caught in a bloody blizzard above 11,000 feet there twice. End of July it was. I doubt it'll happen to you folks, but I'm pretty sure it will get a little cooler as you gain altitude!! :action: Hope you like them hills as much as I do! Stay focused up there, be safe.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Where you headed to in Colorado?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

We all ride and work together everyday. We're used to each others strengths and weaknesses. We swap bikes every now and then just to keep it interesting.

Going to Colo Springs and then up to FT. Collins, and then back South, and then West to Durango, do about half of North, New Mexico, and around Wed next week, check the map and decide how to get home by Friday.

Is it morning yet???

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

SETHAN12 wrote:
Where you headed to in Colorado?
Yeah,,,,,,,,, little more info would have been interesting. Hope to get a report when your back.

Have a safe and fun trip.:waving:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Sounds like fun. have a safe and enjoyable trip.

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

Ride safe! Wish I was going too!:action:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Ride safe, all these runs going on, sure makes a person really jealous. Have a great ride :action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

Just got back from there. Since you will be so close, you really should consider a ride in Smokey Mountain State Park just outside Estes Park. Take warm gear with you! Altitude is everything in the mountains. It was snowing at 12,000 feet!

Beautiful country!!

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,630 Posts
imported post

You guys have a safe trip, and enjoy your outing.

wish I could join up with you, maybe next time.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
imported post

Dang, I bet they are headed right thru Abilene on their way. Wish I could tag along and get out of this heat! Sounds like a great trip. I'm envious.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Pastor T wrote:
Just got back from there. Since you will be so close, you really should consider a ride in Smokey Mountain State Park just outside Estes Park.

Beautiful country!!
Don't you mean Rocky Mountain National Park? :D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.