Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
The bike wear shop next to the Harley shop is Cycle Gear, which is where I'd recomend going. It's on Country Club just north of Southern on the west side.

Having dealt with Steve's before (I live less than three miles from 'em), I would say use caution. From the couple of times I've gone there, I personally think they cut corners and cost too much, but they are one of the only places that will even look at these old bikes, so sometimes you're kinda stuck... and they know it (this is why there are no repairs I'm afraid to try on my bike now... except tires :)).

Bob's is good for used parts, but pickin's is gettin' slim there for goldwings lately. If you need any, or foresee needing any new parts, I'd recomend ordering them from Western Honda in Scottsdale and picking 'em up while you're here 'cause ya can't beat their prices or service.

As far as meeting up, I'll have to see what gets set up. My class schedule and HW load are insane this semester, but if I can swing it I'll be there. So keep us updated :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
:ROFL::ROFL: Don't ya hate it when that happens? And what makes it worse is it's been a typical arizona 70+ degree winter for the last two weeks, then you come down and it's bloody freezing today. So now you got your helmets and your old girl up and runnin' and ya get to ride freezing.

Did ya have to bring the cold crap with ya too?:wtf: :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
I had Steve's work on my81 and they charged me for a new starter and only rebuilt the old one. Be aware
Yeah, and they told me they were putting Dunlop E2's on my bike when they really put 404's on it... at least they had the dignity to only charge me for the 404's, but they did SAY E2's... and you should see what they did to my self-cancel system...

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Thank's for the heads up blackkny & cowboy bob. I was thinking of them to change out my rear rotor just for conevenience sake but think I'll pick one up and do it myself. The rear rotor is starting to grove, any suggestions where to pick one up and new pads?
Should be able to get the new pads at Western Honda... don't think you're gonna find new rotors anywhere locally. While I'm hesitant for round two with Steve's service department, they do have a few wings out in the back for parts... they may have a usable used rotor. Failing that, Bob's is gonna be the only other one I know of.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
That's a heck of a ride right there :shock:... How'd ya like them twisties on the 60 headin' into Show Low? Never done 'em on the wing, but I went through there with my BMW 540i once... oh what a rush :)

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Glad you had some good ridin'... Sorry I couldn't hook up with ya, but my bikes in a pretty sorry state right now... got the hole fairing disassembled. But like you said, there's always next year.

Aparently Canada's really been missing you... IT FREAKIN' SNOWED TODAY!!! IN PHOENIX!!! :shock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.