Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

After hanging around everyone that went to Montrose I got a bad case of GAS. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

I find myself needing a CB, GPS, Bluetooth, heated liners, new helmet, touring pants, new gloves, 3 or 4 more jackets, stuffed Canadian moose, air horns, a bunch of chrome, a pot holder and a jar of moonshine. I need help! Somebody stop me.

·
Premium Member
20,619 Posts
imported post

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:Whew! I thought you were going to say an urge for thongs! :cool:

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Flyone wrote:
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:Whew! I thought you were going to say an urge for thongs! :cool:
Oh, No!

I'm pretty sure Wilton put that thing on after the auction and the vision of that is burned in brain. :D:D:D. No thongs for me.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

clpete wrote:
After hanging around everyone that went to Montrose I got a bad case of GAS. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

I find myself needing a CB, GPS, Bluetooth, heated liners, new helmet, touring pants, new gloves, 3 or 4 more jackets, stuffed Canadian moose, air horns, a bunch of chrome, a pot holder and a jar of moonshine. I need help! Somebody stop me.
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: Sorry for my contribution to your case of GAS. :D

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

wexy wrote:
Ya forgot the JIM BEAM :D
I've had that syndrome since about the same time they introduced the first wing. So, it's not a new problem for me.:dude::dude::cooldj:

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
clpete wrote:

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: Sorry for my contribution to your case of GAS. :D
Yea, if you and Exavid wouldn’t have been talking down my 1800 on your CBs going down I-70 I wouldn’t need a CB. Then it gets cold and you guys each have different jackets for every 3 degree temperature range. I was waiting to for you to pull out the A/C jackets, but it never got hot. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

I did order heated pants and vest for Anna today. I have been talking about getting them for a couple years, but it’s always on the road. Hey, happy Anna makes happy Chad.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I'm sure glad I bought some heated liners/glove for this year's trip. I used the jacket liner a few mornings over high passes and around the Black Hills here, where I'm currently camped. It is 34*F this morning. If it's going to stay this cool, Imay break out the pant liners and the loves, as well. :coollep:

Over this past winter, I also installed a heated grip kit I bought from Dual Star and they work great to keep the chill off the hands, at a great price.

One thing I did acquire on this trip so far, was a drink hose extender for my drinking bladder. The hose on the original bladder was not long enough when the bladder was tied up on top of my bag on the passenger seat, so I could only drink once I stopped. Now, I can drink anytime I need to keep hydratedand I drained that 2L bladder about 3/4 of the way from Fort Collins, CO to Billings, MT, as it was quite warm.

Oh ya, almost forgot my other ácquisition', which was Rudy's Smart Light that I won at the auction. :cool:

I wasn't impressed with the performanc of some of the GPS that I saw. Think I'll keep my old Road Atlas for a while yet! ;)

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Ah, yeah..... that gear acquisition thing...........

Not me, I long for the days when Irode a CL160wearing a pair of frayed bell-bottom jeans, a nylon windbreaker, a pairof wraparound ray-bans ....carrying a toothbrush in one pocket and a "well, you can dream, anyway" condom in the other!

Not really! :cheeky1:

But it's funny.... I remember the trips on that CL160 and the CL305 that followed it just as clearly, and as happily, as the trips I take now with an infinitely better bike and all the gear to match.......

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
imported post

heck i thought you were talking about the beans on wensday night:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

i already have the kind of gas your talking about:cheeky1::waving:

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,504 Posts
imported post

I saw the mountains, but never saw any oysters in the rivers :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.