Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
imported post

Thats really pathetic. That makes me sad. Those poor poor folks.

I couldn't even really here the sound cause somebody had a chainsaw going in the background.

That looks like something you might see in ..............like..........................L.A.

:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I bet the ones with the High-Tech windshields pick up an aditional 2 mph. That would put them running about 20 mph :cheeky1:. Honestly to each his or her own. I will stick with a Wing when I can get another :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
imported post

TarHeeLBiker wrote:
I bet the ones with the High-Tech windshields pick up an aditional 2 mph. That would put them running about 20 mph :cheeky1:. Honestly to each his or her own. I will stick with a Wing when I can get another :cooldevil:
Some scooters are pretty quick. I pulled up next to a pretty young lady on a scooter at a traffic light one day last year. I said "Hi, nice scooter!" She smiled and said "Thank you." The light turned and I waited for her to go ahead. I figured I'd pass her in a couple of seconds, but damn if she didn't run that little thing right up to 60 MPH. I had to gallop the Wing to catch up. We rode together for a few miles, then she waved and turned off the main road. I had to get to work, so I didn't follow. :(

Another time, a Suzuki Burgman went by me going about 75 MPH. Yep, some of those scooters are pretty quick.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Larry G. wrote:
TarHeeLBiker wrote:
Some scooters are pretty quick. I pulled up next to a pretty young lady on a scooter at a traffic light one day last year. I said "Hi, nice scooter!" She smiled and said "Thank you." The light turned and I waited for her to go ahead. I figured I'd pass her in a couple of seconds, but damn if she didn't run that little thing right up to 60 MPH. I had to gallop the Wing to catch up. We rode together for a few miles, then she waved and turned off the main road. I had to get to work, so I didn't follow. :(

Another time, a Suzuki Burgman went by me going about 75 MPH. Yep, some of those scooters are pretty quick.
Didnt realize they went that fast.I bet those small wheels are really turning at 75 MPH

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
imported post

TarHeeLBiker wrote:
Larry G. wrote:

Didnt realize they went that fast.I bet those small wheels are really turning at 75 MPH
Well, the Burgman has a 14 inch wheel in the rear, and a 15 inch wheel in front, so they're fairly large. It's a nice machine. Here's a link to it on the Suzuki webpages:

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/AN650K8

I don't know what make the young lady's scooter was. It was a Vespa type step-through.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

To be honest, I am glad the dark days of the Mods and Rockers fighting pitched battles in our towns and cities has long gone and we live in relative harmony. It was not good advertising for biking in general and is best left to the annuls of history.

All power to these guys and gals for keeping some very old machines running still and enjoying their riding. I have ridden a Lambretta scooter in the dim and distant past, ( not my scooter) and it was "interesting" to say the least. :shock:

I have even been known to exchange a friendly wave with some scooter riders, which is an improvement on the 50's and 60's where we would have been expected to beat each other to a pulp with bike chains and the like!!!:D

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
imported post

I think i did see the forerunner to the goldwing in the pack i believe they were badged up as the Honda 90:dude:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.