Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I sold my 1200 today and an 82 year old bought it. I called him after he rode it 70 miles home to see if he liked it . He is very happy with it.

He told me he had a set of J&M head sets from his 1500 he can't use so I rode 140 mile round trip on my 1500 to go buy them off him. He told me to make him an offer. I said 100 dollars. He told me no and said he would sell them for 75 dollars.

I bought them and spent the next hour and half talking with him and his girlfriend. They showed me pictures of them all over the USA that they have rode to. What a great ride.

I hope when I am 82 I will still be out there riding. he told me he has ridden Honda for ever 1200, 1500,1800 wings st1300 side cars trikes and he only bought my 1200 he said because he cant hold up a 1500 anymore. Girlfriend is tired of being dumped in the parking lots.

What a great ride and day

Reactions: the_davidt

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you have made a friend in the deal also.....I just hope I can make it to 82!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
imported post

elvisskan wrote:
I sold my 1200 today and an 82 year old bought it. I called him after he rode it 70 miles home to see if he liked it . He is very happy with it. He told me he had a set of jm head sets from his 1500 he can't use so I rode 140 mile round trip on my 1500 to go buy them off him. He told me to make him an offer. I said 100 dollars. He told me no and said he would sell them for 75 dollars. I bought them and spent the next hour and half talking with him and his girlfriend. They showed me picture of all over the us that they have rode to. What a great ride. I hope when I am 82 I will still be out there riding. he told me he has ridden honda for ever 1200, 1500,1800 wings st1300 side cars trikes and he only bought my 1200 he said becuase he cant hold up a 1500 anymore. Girlfriend is tired of being dumped in the parking lots. What a great ride and day
Know a guy in Silver Lake N.Y. who sounds like this guy. He's probably pushing 70 anyway. He's got a bike shop a couple of VTX's a "semi homemade" camping trailer and goes to Americade every year:)

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Wonderful story! Makes us all want to be able to be riding in our "Golden" years! I hope that for all of us!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

That's interesting because the previous owner of my 03 1800 is an 82 year old man as well. He downshifted into an 1100 something or other (I didn't quite catch the brand as we were having a very quick phone conversation). He said the same thing. He just got too old for such a big heavy bike.

So let's see, that will give me about 26 1/2 years of riding a GL 1500 before I have to down size. :)

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

elvisskan wrote:
I sold my 1200 today and an 82 year old bought it... Girlfriend is tired of being dumped in the parking lots. "
hahaha...wonder how many times this happened? :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.