Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I don't mind someone sharing their faith and testimony. The soap box thing is over the top. I am clean and sober. Been sober for 35 years. No one wants to hear that crap either!

·
Just Winging It
3,324 Posts
I don't mind someone sharing their faith and testimony. The soap box thing is over the top. I am clean and sober. Been sober for 35 years. No one wants to hear that crap either!
I didn't mean to get on a soap box I just wanted to be understood.

35 years is my age

I'm impressed!!!

I've a close friend 6 months clean.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I still have that free copy of Wing World Magazine that I am willing to mail to anyone who is interested in reading a copy of the GWRRA magazine. Good reading.

PM me.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
On a facebook post:

Jessica Bustamanteto Gold Wing Road Riders Group

"Hello out there I dont have A Gold Wing but my Dad did he is no longer with us he was a life member of the GWRRA badge #263. My question is there is a friend of his who had a portrait put of my Dad and Uncle on his bike and I would like a picture of it my dads name is Juan Jaramillo and Jerry Jaramillo from New Mexico if you know of them or might have it please contact me. Also it was put in the GWRRA magazine Thank you"

Anyone have an idea how to help this person out?
I have every mag from 78-2012 here if you could direct me to the poster Larry and I'll find it for him.

Here's a picture @ Wing Ding 81 with Horst Gable from Germany (leaning forward) rra director-Darren Room from Australia rra director and Terry Lewis S.Calif chapter rep (cowboy hat) wearing their gold rra vests back in the day.

The 2 with blue shirts are Dick Kraay (alas crowsnest) from Holland and John Luc from Belgium.

Fun times back in the day when Honda nor the rra had a clue how Popular the Wing would become down the road :<)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Hi! I am from Australia and have ridden a Wing 27000 miles across the US and Canada. I had the golden book and it get me out of a tough scrape when my alternator died in Williams Arizona. Also went for a ride with a Canadian which was great Bob in Oz

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hi! I am from Australia and have ridden a Wing 27000 miles across the US and Canada. I had the golden book and it get me out of a tough scrape when my alternator died in Williams Arizona. Also went for a ride with a Canadian which was great Bob in Oz
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with the use of the Goldbook to contact members of the GWRRA.

Also, I am glad you enjoyed your trip through the USA.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I've never seen this Ever. What's the story Larry ?
That is just a picture I took off the GWRRA website and posted on here. I am not sure of the history of it.

By the way, I was just threatened with a suspension if I even mention the GWRRA on the 1800Riders site again. That is what they think of the largest association of Goldwing owners in the world.

I won't be posting anything there any further. They would rather turn their nose up at GWRRA members than let them share their positive experiences. I said nothing derogatory towards anyone about anything.

Shameful jealously they seem to have over there.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Is this company still in business? Been over 5 months and no reports of a positive experience. In fact, the last thing posted was about someone about to get booted from a board for mentioning gwrra.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well I went to the monthly meeting last Saturday and afterwards there was a club picnic. The chapter meeting had about 35 members in attendance and there was 25 people at the picnic.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Well I went to the monthly meeting last Saturday and afterwards there was a club picnic. The chapter meeting had about 35 members in attendance and there was 25 people at the picnic.
Wow, what a fun Saturday you had.

Mine was rather boring.....Just a 350 mile ride with my two son's who also ride Goldwings.

·
Registered
599 Posts
As several here have already mentioned, we in the Dallas Fort Worth area have a real strong and close-knit group.
My chapter (M) regularly has 50-60 at each meeting. We have at least one ride a week and depending on the weather, have at least 20 people show up. We also have several events each year with multiple area chapters.
I've ridden a Goldwing for about 10 years, but only joined GWRRA a couple of years ago.
I really hate to read about this chapter not being friendly, or that chapter not doing much.
About 6 months ago, I volunteered to take over as Chapter Educator from the previous couple that had been doing it for 7 years and were burnt out. I was willing to step up and take over to get that piece back up to where it should be. I'm sure that I will also be burnt out in a couple of years, but will do my best until then.
Any organization is only what you put into it, not what you expect out of it.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
I joined in 78 and started a SF Bay Area chapter in 79 when the Gold Wing scene was exploding as was Gwrra in Calif with chapters everywhere. We took 7 bikes to wing ding 79 in AZ, their first ding and 35 bikes in 80, then the European wingers flew to Vancouver in a chartered jet with their bikes where I spent a month with them on the road ending up at Ding 81 in AZ..what a blast. The 82 ding was at Steamboat Springs in Co, another great time and having said that, rra was wonderful experience for me having gained many life long pals, half whom are dead now as the average winger in 79 was 39.8 years old while I was 27.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
I started with them as soon as I purchased my first wing. I found it to be a bit too formal . My riding is a bit more spirited and longer legs.
I kept in touch with a few members for a little while but lately the chapter almost came apart.There is not much in there that I cannot get from this forum. If I brake down I have towing insurance. Dont kill me, I dont hate them, just not my cup of tea.
And like you Larry I've cut ties with 1800 forum. One of the mods in there is a real jerk. He threaten to ban me if I post regarding a certain subject even thou wasn't against the boards rule. Also he said if I mention that I will be suspended. Some mods are developing a God attitude as soon as get a bit of power.This forum is a bit more relaxed and you can say "Sh#t" without anyone going back and change it into "poop". Ill stick around.

·
Administrator
57,435 Posts
Darn, sorry my attitude sticks out here so bad.

My experience over on the 1800 riders was not all that good either.

Made 350+ posts providing info and links to good info.

The BIG EGO moderator there warned me that if I make one more he will ban me.

I solved that,
I deleted every single post and deleted their bookmark.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts