Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
I was asked locally to rejoin them...

I used to live within 12 miles of their home office,
and when I tried to attend their meetings,
I was totally ignored because I was riding a '86SEi and "required membership" was the new GL1800s.

So, their membership will continue to drop, IMO.
The membership numbers have dropped to an all time low and continue down. In response, GWRRA President Anita Alkire has announced in the September 2017 issue of Wing World the GWRRA is now open to ALL motorcyclist regardless of what brand/model you ride. I think this move will hasten the demise of the GWRRA.

So maybe if you show up again on your 86SEi they will no longer ignore you.

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
When I first joined 3 years ago it was very difficult to reach someone and have them get back with me. In my opinion they need to work a little on membership management. At first I thought the site was a scam and called wanting my money back. But once met up with a few wingers I realized that the members were where everything took place. Since then I have belonged to two chapters and met some great people and have had some great rides and events with them.

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
I have been a Member over 20 years and now have Life Member status but have not ridden with a local Chapter in quite a few years...

These days my membership is exclusively for Wing World but if that is going to become an "all mark" magazine, I suspect that I will drop that as well...

I was ACD in our local Illinois Chapter IL-A2 back in the 90's... We disbanded that Chapter about 5 years ago due to GWRRA's ridiculous rules... I now live in Tennessee and tried a local Chapter for a while, but now just ride alone or with Illinois friends when they visit or we plan trips together...

IMO, GWRRA will be gone in a few more years due to an aging demographic and the organization going multi mark...

·
Banned
4,568 Posts
more odd corp thinking:
When headquarters was asked why the hi-viz riding jacket doesnt have a zipper for pants attachment??
The answer was pointedly clear
We dont sell pants!
So why would we include a zipper for them?

Never mind every brand riding jacket I have owned or seen has the standard 8 inch zipper attached in back,

They dont sell pants- so why would you need protective pants?

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
I have been a Member over 20 years and now have Life Member status but have not ridden with a local Chapter in quite a few years...

These days my membership is exclusively for Wing World but if that is going to become an "all mark" magazine, I suspect that I will drop that as well...

I was ACD in our local Illinois Chapter IL-A2 back in the 90's... We disbanded that Chapter about 5 years ago due to GWRRA's ridiculous rules... I now live in Tennessee and tried a local Chapter for a while, but now just ride alone or with Illinois friends when they visit or we plan trips together...

IMO, GWRRA will be gone in a few more years due to an aging demographic and the organization going multi mark...
Yes, the aging demographic has been a major factor in declining membership numbers and the GWRRA business model has been a complete failure at attracting the younger crowd. I guess we'll have to wait and see if opening GWRRA to all riders is gonna help.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Gwoa started in 76-Gwrra 1977. It was a wonderful/new adventure for all of us that I'll never forget.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I drove my 06 gl from Salisbury mass,to Elkins Wv this summer to meet up with a gwrra member from Maryland. they were a great bunch of folks,And could not have been any nicer .

81 - 89 of 89 Posts