Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I am researching what frequency dogs are really irritated by, like those rodent devices that make an ultrasonic sound to deter them, and then to amplify that sound, make it super compact and with a speaker, blast it ahead of bike like an F16 search radar and then see what happens.

They make all kinds of hunting dog training aids, lets think outside the box on it as what is your life all about?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I also had some turtles crossing the road.. and I was told to avoid them at all costs
I bumped one on the edge of his shell once, came around a blind curve leaning over and trying to catch the bikes ahead of me. He squirted across the road like stepping on the edge of a plum, spinning and scooting.

Only other really close call was a Opossum crossing the road, I held fast, never touched the brakes. He ran between the wheels and only the rear hit him. Sent my back end up in the air for what seemed like 10 foot or more. If I had been on the brake i think it would have endo'd on me.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well, when you are doing about 65 mph on four lane and a Oryx steps out of the bushes you will do all you can to miss him. I was lucky the animal slipped on the pavement and went down on his forelegs just as I swerved by him. Man, he has big eyeballs!!!! That happened several years ago riding to work at White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. I did pull over down the road to rest. I was shaking after the danger past.
An Oryx,, in North America?? Other than San Diego zoo I was under the impression none existed north of the Equator.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
This thread is 9 years old , I amnow closing it ..

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.