Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just some interesting info I recently received and wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience.

Years ago, my Dad ran into Malcom Forbes at a ride in NJ and they got to talking about oil and he gave my father a card for a free case of Golden Spectro. He (Forbes) said that's in all his bikes and he's never had an issue with any of them. In addition, he specifically mentioned the shifting "clunk" that seems to plague so many GW owers and said this oil really helps get rid of the problem. My Dad used it and said that after only a few miles, the noise was noticeably reduced.

My Dad has run it in his bike (now mine) since then and I'm trying to locate it locally with no luck. It's available on line so that may be my next option.

Anyone else use it?

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I have not, but sounds interesting.

I use Golden Corn oil. If good enough for fish and fries must be good for wings too. LOL

Hope my 1500 belly does not grow like mine is doing, yikes hard enough to hold up my jeans now, just think if 1500 got this big LOL
I'd never get it up off the side stand.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

My opinion on Golden Spectro oil is that it is very good oil, but seriously overpriced. 20 years ago I used to use it, then after reading zillions of oil tests, I decided I was throwing my money away, and switched to Castrol GTX 20w50 car oil. I have had no problems. ANY synthetic is going to be a bit slipperier than conventional oil, so it may help quiet the clunk. The key word there is "may". You just have to try it and find out. I really don't mind oil threads unless it contains a reference to Amsoil (NO I DON'T SELL IT) in which case it is basically advertising. Oil IS a very important thing, and an engine will not go far without it.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

Iuse Golden Spectro Full Synthetic. Works well.

Iget it at a local independent shop that is run by a friend of mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.