Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am installing a standard Goldwing 1200 CB in my interstate. What do I have to have besides the CB itself and the handlebar controls? Is it necessary to have the AMP, intercom junction box or other components to make it work?

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Welcome to a great forum Bamahog. If you don't mind would you let us know what area your from. I know that there is more to the radio than what you have. Like another lack box, but I don't know what it was. Also make sure you have all the proper harnesses for it too. I was going to get that radio, but the price they wanted was $550.00, and I could get the J&M handlebar one for &100. less with to-Day's technology. There will be another member come on board that will let you know all about it. Keep in touch and let us know how it went. :waving: :)

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I would also spring for the J&M CB rather than the Honda. Not because of the age but the price and ease, also this comes with a handy mp3 input

For the Honda CB you will need:

The Panasonic radio and install cage.
The CB wiring harness.
The Multichanger.
The CB unit of course
The AVC/volume control unit
The Amplifier
Handlebar controls
1 or 2 headsets (for mike) you can listen through speakers or you could adapt a handmike
Cabling for headsets
1 antenna with cabling and mount for radio and
1 antenna with cabling and mount for CB you could get away with one anntenna and an antenna splitter, thats the way Honda did it in 85.

Not certain you would need the headset junction box

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks guys for the information. I have the set up on my 86 Aspencade and like it so I was trying to do the same on my Interstate. Already have the CB, handlebar controls, antenna... just was not sure if I had to have the radio, amp, junction box etc. I live in Ozark, Alabama and will update my profile later today... Thanks again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.