Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little help. On my last trip all was going well until we hit some heavy rain. I was using my CB and it was working fine. (In the rain) The next day the CB would receive but would not send. When the mic is keyed the TX light comes on but nothing goes out. Before I pull the CB out and send it to the shop does anybody have and ideas on what to check before I remove it. I am only guessing that the rain caused my problem.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Looking for a little help. On my last trip all was going well until we hit some heavy rain. I was using my CB and it was working fine. (In the rain) The next day the CB would receive but would not send. When the mic is keyed the TX light comes on but nothing goes out. Before I pull the CB out and send it to the shop does anybody have and ideas on what to check before I remove it. I am only guessing that the rain caused my problem.
Make sure your intercom is "ON" regardless of volumen, sound silly but if it is OFF the CB will receive and not output.
Mario

·
Registered
541 Posts
Make sure your intercom is "ON" regardless of volumen, sound silly but if it is OFF the CB will receive and not output.
Mario
Yours may work like this Gipsy but neither of my gl1500 do. They both work fine with intercom off or on, radio(AM/FM) off or on, no matter. I was talking on CB just this morning with all the other things off

·
Paid Site Sponsor
680 Posts
From what you describe, the first thing is to check headset. Turn intercom up and see if you can hear yourself. If you cannot hear yourself then problem is in headset or wiring going to audio unit.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CB output didn't work all the way home. After putting it in the garage and letting it dry out (About three or four days) everything started working again. I can only guess something got wet to cause it to stop transmitting. No idea on what it was and hard to find the problem now with everything working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.