Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi! Folks have now got the bike back in OZ. Today took it to be checked for compliance. Went there ok a distance of about 5 miles. Started it to come home, was reeving like crazy. Wont idle, ifI use the choke to start it revs out to 3000 rpm whenI close the choke off, any ideas. Checked out the bike again this morning it was hard to start, got it going idling rough, open the throttle lots of black smoke coming from the exhaust pipes. Could the choke not be fully closing. Had a look at the sparkplugs very sooty looks like a fuel problem has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it????:stumped::stumped::stumped::stumped:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a vacuum line may have broken or came off. I don't know much about the 1500's but i understand there are several vacuum hoses down under things that like to cause problems. Only thing I can think of that would cause a problem all of a suddon like that....

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Another man toy to play with, good. I am sure you will be checking her out... just because.

Yes, there can be much maintenance onthese carbs. Yes, check for vacuum, Yes check the choke mechanically and make sure the valve plunger opens and closes. After its running a little better, check your sliders, idle, and get it synced.

Sounds like it need a good tune-up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.