Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all, I'm looking at fitting aftermarket cam shafts to the wing. They are supplied by NBL Innovations and they supply either an 'S Cam' or an 'M Cam' for sidecar use.

They also recomend fitting a four degree trigger wheel too.

Has anyone fitted these cams or can give me any info on whether it is a worthwhile mod.

cheers.

·
Honda Guru
2,043 Posts
imported post

My camshaft modifications ended with my CB750 and CB900F. For the most part they were money well spent and dropped in with only a valve adjustment required. I opted for the 'non-adjustable sprockets' since I wasn't going to race.
Back then the other engine modes included new exhaust, new valve springs and rejeted carbs.
For the 1500 you'll also need to re-shim the HVA's which requires the HVA's to be rebleed and the use of a special 'shim tool'. You can get the idea how to use them both in a service manual.

If the manufacturer says to fit the trigger wheel… do it.
Most engine builders agree that the best mod you can make is a higher lift/duration camshaft. 'Best bang for the buck' is the term used.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

I only know of one chap here who fitted the NBL M cams, actually I'm surprised they are still made. My mates was a 1990, or an 89 with a 1990 registration and Oxford sidecar. He also fitted the trigger wheel, that was a few years ago. He had no problems with it and the Wing still runs smoothly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.