Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

If a sddlebag is unlocked but does not open do the following.

1. Open the trunk lid

2. Remowe the cover from the left or right access hole in the trunk floor.

3. Place a finger through the access hole and push the release rod. The saddlebag should open.

Thomas / Sweden

:18blue:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Rainer Cantu :waving: Welcome to the forum. :clapper: You dont state what year your :18red:is. :stumped: Their was a small problem with the left hand side saddlebag on the'01/'02 model. :whip:If you print Service Bulletin 15 and go toyour dealer, he will fix the latch for you. :weightlifter:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

The service bulletin covers the 2001-2004 models. If you are having trouble with the latches the dealer will replace the trunk mechanism.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thank you for the information and the warm welcome. I'm a proud owner of a 2004 1800. And on days I need to get my hair on fire, I saddle up with my 2004 CBR1000RR. But my Goldwing is by far the way I perfer to travel. I haven't known much of my life without a motorcycle in it.

Thanks again for your help. And please don't hesitate to call on me.

v/r
Rainer

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Sorry for all the replys, this is my first forum, I'll get used to it. Thanks to all who offered helpful tips.

I just came from the garage to check my mail. I just finished making the adjustments to the pushrod. I was showing 3 rings at the end of the rod, so I extended it one more to activate the slave latch. Tried it with power to see if the switch was targeted to clear any open warning on the console. Everything works well.

Thanks again.

How about that air filter, any gifted mechanics tackle this one?

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Do a search on this site for Air Cleaner.. there is actually a video which will show you step by step on how to change it... :clapper:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Rainer Cantu wrote:
Sorry for all the replys, this is my first forum, I'll get used to it. Thanks to all who offered helpful tips.

How about that air filter, any gifted mechanics tackle this one?
Hey Rainer Cantu :waving:You can follow the directions for fitting the Air Filter :clapper: at http://www.goldwingfacts.com/18airfilter.htm and there is also :jumper:a 7 min. video tutorial at the end. :weightlifter: You dont have to apologise for anything, ask as many questions as you wish. :skipping:There is no such thing on this forum as a silly question. :leprechaun: The experts are here to help everyone. :leprechaun:

:walker::18red::walker:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.