Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know what brand of cb's are used on the 1800's ?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

No I have no idea what the Brand name is. It is just a little black box about one inch thick by 4 or 6 inches long and wide. Does not look like any CB as per normal, that you might have in mind. Fits totally concealed on the bike, and even on the paper work that came from the FCC with the bike, no mention of the Brand is on it, I assume one would have to call Honda to find out. If they will tell you, and after a 45 minute wait on the phone.

Kit

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the reply; I installed one on my bike and couldn't find any kind of name on it.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Clarion

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Oregonwinger wrote:
Thanks Oregon. I wrote that down in the service manual. Next time I will know.
Kit

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Kit, I read somewhere that the 09's may be Panasonic, but I'm not positive about that one. Will be watching for that one Bob Kekeis has a link on his help page about a 1800 CB radio manual, but I have no idea what that thing is, really. See if you can figure it out. About the middle of his page, at the very first of 1800 section. Looks like some add-on like I never saw before.
http://home.comcast.net/~rkekeis/HELP.html

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

Oregonwinger wrote:
Kit,  I read somewhere that the 09's may be Panasonic, but I'm not positive about that one.  Will be watching for that one   Bob Kekeis has a link on his help  page about a 1800 CB radio manual, but I have no idea what that thing is, really.  See if you can figure it out.  About the middle of his page, at the very first of 1800 section.  Looks like some add-on like I never saw before.
http://home.comcast.net/~rkekeis/HELP.html
Had a quick look and it seems to be for an HD and not an 1800 :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Not sure either, does not look like a J and M. But could be their new 2009 . Saw the O9 new 1800 already and it is the same as years past. Could be for a Harley, not sure, have not kept up with them lately.

Kit

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

One page says it's for an 088 motorcycle. Would that be an 88 inch Harley? Another picture refers to the rocker switch as a "see-saw" That sounds more English than US to me. The Speedo picture (terrible) looks like an old English car, or an early 50's Ford or Merc, but I think I can make out a windshield. The speedo looks familiar, but what is it?? Slips me.

Marstech???

I do know that some Clarion radios are actually made in England. Seems wierd, when there's such a pool of dirt cheap labor in China.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.