Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Made a big mistake, not knowing until to late, battery went dead, and in still of having the battery charged, I tried to jump start with my 4cyld truck, found oujt later that is a no-n o, now hole system is dead, no lights, does not have any electrical power,:sadguy: need suggestions, hope nothing major, again a stupid mistake. thanks semper7

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

Main fuse?

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Check the dogbone fuse to the aft of the battery. You should not have a problem jump starting the wing from your truck just use jumper cables from the battery and don't start the truck. Just thinking about it,my battery went bad in my jeep last week and I jump started it off the wing no problem either way. If your truck was running you probably blew the dogbone fuse.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

If the dogbone fuse is good then measure the voltage on the battery terminals. If you have at least 12.6v then move upward toward the fuse, solenoid etc.

what you are describing is a bad battery. I had my truck battery die just that fast. I started the truck and moved it over to the garage. Removed the battery and put it in an old Honda my son was working on. Wouldn't crank it over. We checked everything then I put it back in my truck. Deader than a hammer. Yes they can fail that fast.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

will check this out, hope is nothing major, thanks for the reply. semper 7

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

will, check, where is the main fuse located? semper7, or the dogbone fuse, semperfi

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

semper7 wrote:
will, check, where is the main fuse located? semper7, or the dogbone fuse, semperfi
Follow the red wire from the battery to the first thing it hooks to. Peel back that rubber boot and it's under there. Just to the right of the battery.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

Yeah, the main fuse and dogbone are one in the same. Like mentioned, followed the possitive lead, it should be right near the battery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.