Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

http://edgefielddaily.com/ws040912.html

A friend of mine on the fire department called me this morning and told me about this accident. Burgendy 1995 GL1500. Apparently had a rear tire blowout.

Very sad to hear.

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
imported post

Sad and I hope folks picked up the no helmet blurb...I have been on the scene in the last two four years after Bike accidents that were fatal..Both individuals were not wearing helmet and the cause of death was attributed to that fact. If you have loved ones that depend on you..take all precautions. Thinking you are being cool is one thing but leaving family in a lurch is another. I feel for the relatives of this man.:sadguy:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

ceasefire49 wrote:
Sad and I hope folks picked up the no helmet blurb...I have been on the scene in the last two four years after Bike accidents that were fatal..Both individuals were not wearing helmet and the cause of death was attributed to that fact.
For the most part, our species is not smart enough to put that together

My condolences to the family

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear this and you stay safe my old mate. :waving:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

:praying:prayers for the family.

·
Administrator
20,573 Posts
imported post

Prayers coming from Kansas :praying:

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Kimswang wrote:
Forum Member?
Wasn't sure. They didn't release the victim's name, so I just thought I'd post this for general information

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

ATGATT.

You can die from traumatic head injury just by loosing your footing and having the bike fall over sideways, that pendulum motion from sitting on the bike to hitting the cement is enough to cause irreparable brain damage resulting in death or permanent vegetable status.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

I just hate to hear of another riders death due to the inferior motorcycle tires blowing out. They should all be better/heavier built, and run flat by now!

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
As far as not having his helmet, my friend said that it didn't appear to be head trauma that caused death. That being said, a helmet is always a good idea, but probably wouldn't have saved this guy.
Bad news without saying of course.

Over the course of my riding life, (40 years:shock:) I have lost 5 friendsto Motorcyle related accidents. Of the 5, 4 were wearing approved helmets. The 5th (who was not wearing a helmet died of a massive stroke. The Doctor told me in his opinion he was dead before he hit the pavement. We found this out weeks later of course. The accident report gave the impression that cause of death was due to no helmet. I am only passing on my own personal experiences of course. :?

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Getting back on track, was the man a forum member or does anyone here know him?
Prayers for his family, they are the ones who lose the most.

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

GWNorman wrote:
Getting back on track, was the man a forum member or does anyone here know him?
Prayers for his family, they are the ones who lose the most.
Didn't know him GW, just know he was riding a Goldwing and was killed in my hometown. Just passed along the info. Didn't intend to open up a ct/mt or a helmet debate. Goldwing community info only.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Thanks for that AZ
Sad Day's for family and friends .
Last summer a local rider was Killed by a inattentive lady in a grain truck,
Most of the local riding groups got together on a wed
evening and did a memorial ride to the location and set some flowers and assorted trinkets at the site.
It was a great show of fellowship and raised some money for the family.
It was a good atmosphere on the ride and I think everyone felt good about what we where doing. But at the site we met the wife and kids of the victim and we knew we could get on our bikes and ride home to our loved ones but their lives where changed for ever.
God bless

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
I have deleted all of the off topic references not related to this victim.

Save the tire threads for a proper venue.
The questions I poised were serious ones, and not meant to offend anyone... I thought this was on topic, and worthy of discussion. Sorry for anything I said that was deemed inappropriate!

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Well, It's sad to hear about another rider going down. Tires and helmets aside, when it's your time to go, then it's your time. I just wish that there would be something that we could do to make the family feel better.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.