Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening everyone. I have a question and I need some good sound advise. I have a 2008 Goldwing Trike, and it looks like I am in need of a replacement battery. I went out in the garage to start my bike and nothing happened. It turned over two times and then a clicking sound, nothing. Anyway, I have had this battery since I purchased the Goldwing new back in 2008, so it is 5 years old. Here's the question, can anyone tell me what type battery I should purchase and what brand of battery tender unit I should purchase. Your responses would be greatly appreciated.

Kentucky rider, out

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
I recommend this one. http://estoreBC.mkbattery.com/Category/1880_1/2001-2011.aspx

I have Westco batteries in all my bikes except the 1200 Goldwing. I went with an old fashioned flooded type battery from Walmart for it, because despite everything I could do, it still has an overcharging problem, and I wanted a cheaper battery I could check and refill. I didn't want to cook a $120 battery.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Hard to beat an Odyssey battery.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Yuasa battery in mine and no type of charger used over winter. Last five years on average. In the winter months start the wing once a month and let run until cooling fans kick on. Never a problem.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Odyssey. $116.00 delivered in two days and you will never have to change the battery again for the next 7 to 16 years, that makes it the least hassle and cheapest by the year battery available for your bike. My last one was 16 years old ad still worked fine for one to two starts in a row but no more unless it was run for 10 minutes between usage.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
16 years Ray, that's great.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Senior Guru
4,298 Posts

Half way down on left is a "savings coupon". Then there's a free shipping savings choice upon check-out. Lengthy shipping time, with free shipping. Comes to about 48-49.00. I, at one time, always liked Delco batterys, but I doubt that they're our daddy's battery mfgr. I wouldn't be surprised if they're made in China.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,330 Posts
If you got 5 years of service out of the OEM Yuasa, that sounds like the best bet for a replacement. The dealer may want too much for one, so shop around.

Lots of people like the Odyssey, but check carefully. I think that may be the one that is too small for the holder, and the terminals are wrong, so you have to alter the cables to make it work. If such mods don't bother you, then you're good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.